People, what's wrong with their wiring?

Punctuation check, no, there is no apostrophe, you lose :thumbsup: ;)
24268843-AABC-458A-8915-B01E0996AE7A.png

on avforums - all of them at some point.. :D

TIL @Tempest is American :p

It comes from buying Virtual Pants online for my Avatar's
Everyone refers to them as pants for so long, you get out of the habit of calling them trousers.
Underwear and Pants.
Not Pants and Trousers.

Trouble with a heavy american influence.

It comes from buying Virtual Pants online for my Avatar's
Everyone refers to them as pants for so long, you get out of the habit of calling them trousers.
Underwear and Pants.
Not Pants and Trousers.

Trouble with a heavy american influence.

I quite like the differences in the English spoken in other English speaking countries. We seem to pick on the States in particular for giving us 'Americanisms', but I'm certain that plenty of other countries where English is their first language all have their own local words.

Maybe America just has more of an influence on the U.K. due to the film industry? I recall how popular the Australian tv shows Neighbours and Home & Away were in the 80's/ 90's, but I've never heard anyone British use 'Rack off!' or 'You flaming great Galah!' in conversation or on the internet.

indeed... I can only think of certain expressions we'd use to imitate an aussie like' gooday mate!' etc, but not use them in everyday speech..

but there are a couple of Americanisms that I really, really hate...
one is the use of the word 'already' at the end of a sentence - can you leave me alone already?

and the term 'the day' and 'what are you doing the day?' it's today you fudging retards..

:mad::mad:

indeed... I can only think of certain expressions we'd use to imitate an aussie like' gooday mate!' etc, but not use them in everyday speech..

but there are a couple of Americanisms that I really, really hate...
one is the use of the word 'already' at the end of a sentence - can you leave me alone already?

and the term 'the day' and 'what are you doing the day?' it's today you fudging retards..

:mad::mad:

A completely Scottish thing this one, Glaswegian in particular ime. Any Scots (@WeegyAVLover?) back me up? Or am I being a mental! :laugh:

A completely Scottish thing this one, Glaswegian in particular ime. Any Scots (@WeegyAVLover?) back me up? Or am I being a mental! :laugh:
"What are you doing the day", is a very Scottish term. Its a use of language I don't like and don't use. More Scots language I particularly dislike is the use of the words 'seen' and 'done', as in "I seen that.......and "I done that........". Drives me :mad:

It is worth remembering that Scottish grammar may well be influenced by Gaelic.

Does this explain your spelling of "neighbours"?

That's probably down to my bad spulling and that my web browser (Brave) seems to be set to an American dictionary at the moment as when I type colour it puts up a red line as it wants it corrected to color.

After many months of use, I've just gone in and changed it to UK English :)

Last edited:
I am going to catch up with this thread Tuesday

Would that be Tuesday 21 July?

Can I get an Amen on that?

In other news, I fell over Wednesday and sprained my ankle - I'm now bankrupt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom