Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review (Xbox One) & Comments

I am not sure why but I had it in my head this wasn't out until October so was pleasantly surprised to see it was instock now, loved the previous games so even without reading any reviews I ordered a copy from TGC which should hopefully be here for the weekend :)

It's pretty trash, looks like they've just rehashed some maps from the last 3 or 4 wolfenstein and it's very very repetitive with some rubbish holding doors open Co-op moments.

Plus the two people I played with online just kept running off and dying and if they get too far ahead you get stuck.

Fortunetly I got it quite cheap so when I eBay it I won't have lost too much on it.

Its probably worth about £5.

There is a huge disparity between reviewers' experience and the general public on this title. A lot of reviewers rating it highly, most users calling it trash. Having watched a few vids on it, I'm falling on the side of trash. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, mind.

8/10 pretty much universally panned by everyone. I guess it's just an opinion but this is the first non IGN type review where its scored highly

8/10 for this! :facepalm:

I've seen it all now.

Unless the score is based on the question.....

Will this game ruin the Wolfenstien brand.... YES...there's an 8/10 chance that this will ruin it.

8/10 for this! :facepalm:

I've seen it all now.

Unless the score is based on the question.....

Will this game ruin the Wolfenstien brand.... YES...there's an 8/10 chance that this will ruin it.

I wouldn't read anything into it. While I believe there are commercial pressures on the likes of IGN not to do big titles down too much, there's no way that is the case here. With every bad game comes a handful of people that like it. Likely the reviewer was one of those people. Fair play to him.

I used to be editor of 3 UK newsstand games magazines, no less, and have seen corruption levelled at reviewers plenty of times without cause. Some people like games other people don't like. Some people hate games everyone else likes. It's subjective.

I played this for about 3 hours and it was enough. Luckily offloaded it on eBay for what I paid for it. Its awful and does nothing for the franchise. The new order and the old blood are classics. This is not.

Last edited:
I bought this and am currently playing it with a mate in co-op on the PS4, it's never an 8/10 but we are having fun with the fighting sections, I would give it a 4 or 5 out of 10.

The good decent.
The combat, especially in co-op with a human.

The bad (everything else)

I wouldn't read anything into it. While I believe there are commercial pressures on the likes of IGN not to do big titles down too much, there's no way that is the case here. With every bad game comes a handful of people that like it. Likely the reviewer was one of those people. Fair play to him.

I used to be editor of 3 UK newsstand games magazines, no less, and have seen corruption levelled at reviewers plenty of times without cause. Some people like games other people don't like. Some people hate games everyone else likes. It's subjective.

Fair comment. :smashin:

I feel the gaming industry is a mere shadow of it's former self.
The consumer is being screwed over at every turn with microtransactions shoehorned in to almost everything these days and its always done by the big players!
The well known brands that people know and trust and its that trust and brand loyalty that is being betrayed.

You only have to look at recent releases like the much hyped Anthem and the comedy that was the release of Fallout 4....

I could go on but I'm tired of it all.
It's such a shame it really is. :thumbsdow

Money money money... That's all these people care about.

Loved the last two games but decided to skip this one. Looks like that was the smart play.

A pity they couldn't have done better with this. May be time to put the Wolfenstein to bed.

Glad I spotted the review as I'd forgotten my new graphics card came with a code you can use to get a code you can use to get a code you can redeem for it. Although the 36.56GB download may take a while...
I just wonder if an RTX2060 has the grunt to play it in 4k??? Hmmm... perhaps 1080p might be a plan...

It's a steaming hot pile of the brown stuff. SJW's gone mad. Hey duuude wtf. Can't believe they actually made this. Sales are in the toilet and as for the reviews someone must be having a backhander.

There is a huge disparity between reviewers' experience and the general public on this title. A lot of reviewers rating it highly, most users calling it trash. Having watched a few vids on it, I'm falling on the side of trash. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, mind.
Interestingly this happened with Colossus too. I tried it and was really disappointed with how badly it played. Even simple things like a visual indication of damage (red colour shift) are missing so you have to try and watch the health meter in the middle of combat. Also I felt like I was being trolled by the story at times. Yet the reviews said it was great.

Much as I loved The New Order, I’m beginning to think it was a fluke because nothing else they’ve put out has been any good.

It's not fun to get to the boss at the top of brother 2, wipe within minutes mostly due to the dumb as rocks AI partner, then get dumped back at the beginning of the 'raid'.
It's like a masochist was in charge of the game design.
I should have learn my lesson with New Colossus, which I just didn't get at all.

I found the final boss to be the worst.
This game was definitely designed to be played co-op more so than solo.
Which is a shitty move by the developers as not everyone will have someone to play co-op with, not to mention the previous games were solo only.

havent got that far yet im actually wondering if me and my mate are going to bother to complete it its so annoying.

I haven't played it since (keep meaning to look in again to see what the ray tracing is like) but thought the devs were supposed to have fixed some of the worst issues; Armour type damage and the dumb AI. Can't fix the grind for upgrades though which is what they really want you to do to make the game seem longer.

well just finished this thanks to a random player joining my game who was level 89 that enabled me to complete the last mission couldnt have done it otherwise way too difficult.

overall the worst of the 4 recent wolfenstein games and it seems to have right messed up the overarching plot there seems to have been an entire game missed out because of things that happen between Wolfenstein new colossus and youngblood

well just finished this thanks to a random player joining my game who was level 89 that enabled me to complete the last mission couldnt have done it otherwise way too difficult.

overall the worst of the 4 recent wolfenstein games and it seems to have right messed up the overarching plot there seems to have been an entire game missed out because of things that happen between Wolfenstein new colossus and youngblood

That will be Wolfenstein 3 when they get around to making it.
Pretty sure they've already said there's going to be a direct sequel to New Colossus.
I'd like to seem the explore more of the occult stuff like the original games, and The Old Blood dipped into.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom