Wolfenstein: The New Order (May 2014)

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Bethesda Softworks have announced a new instalment in the Wolfenstein franchise, that will emerge in Q4 2013.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is "an action-adventure shooter" being developed by MachineGames, a studio made of a number of seasoned industry veterans, many of whom used to be key staffers at Starbreeze.

"We are excited to bring a new chapter of Wolfenstein to gamers everywhere,” said Jens Matthies, creative director at MachineGames. “As fans of the series, working on this game is an honor, and our team is driven to create an unforgettable action-adventure experience that will make FPS fans proud.”

Large bundles of cash have no doubt been exchanged and thus Gamespot will be dribbling out exclusive tidbits on the game from tomorrow, we are pretty damn sure that the game is being built with idTech 5 given that MachineGames' site reported that the studio was at work on an unannounced (at the time) game using the robust engine.

You can check out the announcement trailer here, and Gamespot have revealed that "gamers play as the familiar American war hero B.J. Blazkowicz and are tasked with launching an 'impossible counter-offensive' against the Nazi powers that have taken over the world.

"Set in Europe, The New Order will have players infiltrating Nazi strongholds and battling legions of enemies, while taking control of 'super weapons' that the Nazis have used to dominate earth--"and beyond."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ene0q0BcSlY]Wolfenstein The New Order Teaser [720p] [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

sorry to go off-topic. does anyone know what the music is in the trailer ?

serious ??? Jimi Hendrix All Along the watchtower

edit .. too slow lol

i'm not much of a music fan but i did like that track.

MachineGames = 7 founding members of StarBreeze Studios. Very interested in this game.

If it has as least the same atmosphere and playability as RTCW, i'll be happy :)

that trailer was bloody excellent, creepy, but had a proper red alert feel about it.

Love the wolfenstein games so cant wait for this :thumbsup:

that trailer was bloody excellent, creepy, but had a proper red alert feel about it.

Love the wolfenstein games so cant wait for this :thumbsup:

The last one was a bit of a failure wasn't it?

it did badly i think, but i really enjoyed it, mad guns and not having to think too much, a sub genre of fps thats half died over the years

I really enjoyed the last Wolfenstein. It actually took me by total surprise as to how much I liked it.

What a brilliant trailer, going to get this game.

I also love wolfenstein and am ready for this, I'm old enough to have played the first one

Agree, great trailer and looks like it will be a fun game to play.

But just one thing, graphically it looks a little dated... Anyone know what engine?

Dtwu8Ru.jpg

Looks pretty good. Will need to see how many games I've still to play when it comes out

swY0KUY.png

The Panzerhund Edition will be available on May 20 for $100.00 through Bethesda’s online merchandise store, and pre-orders are available from today.

It includes the following items:

An 8 inch fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base
Classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, blueprints and an x-ray
A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book
Three embroidered patches
Custom replica dog tags
An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game – Actual game sold separately.

i cannot wait for this game, wolfenstein games are always huge fun

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom