wolfenstein on the 360?

kev00

Ex Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a new version of return to castle wolfenstein is planned for the 360? currently have it on my xbox and still keep going back to it and playing it all the time.
far better game than call of duty IMO

:lease:

As far as I know nothing has been announced yet.

For the moment the only WWII type game (wolfenstein although fiction is set during the 2nd WW.) is Call of Duty 2 which by the way lookes reaaly good on the 360. I had a shot of it at this years TGS last week.
At least you will be able to fire some WW2 weapons at nazis!

Day of Defeat Source for the PC should be released pretty soon too!

AML said:
As far as I know nothing has been announced yet.

For the moment the only WWII type game (wolfenstein although fiction is set during the 2nd WW.) is Call of Duty 2 which by the way lookes reaaly good on the 360. I had a shot of it at this years TGS last week.
At least you will be able to fire some WW2 weapons at nazis!

Day of Defeat Source for the PC should be released pretty soon too!

yeah i've seen the call of duty 2 stuff for 360, and it does look good, but for me COD wasn't as playable as wolfenstein on the xbox, which is putting me off somewhat :rolleyes:
will probably end up buying it anyway as i'm sure i'll bore of playing PGR3 exclusively for weeks on end :eek:

kev00 said:
will probably end up buying it anyway as i'm sure i'll bore of playing PGR3 exclusively for weeks on end :eek:

I still enjoy PGR2..I hope PGR3 betters it.

mal600908 said:
I still enjoy PGR2..I hope PGR3 betters it.

funny that as I prefer PGR to PGR2 (still play PGR all the time too)

really looking forward to 3 though :rotfl:

kev00 said:
yeah i've seen the call of duty 2 stuff for 360, and it does look good, but for me COD wasn't as playable as wolfenstein on the xbox, which is putting me off somewhat :rolleyes:
Call of Duty on the Xbox was a bit of a rubbish game apparently, and not done by the same developers as the excellent PC version. CoD2 on the 360 is from the same developer as CoD on the PC (Infinity Ward), so it is completely unrelated to the Xbox version, and should be good.

Lorenzini said:
Call of Duty on the Xbox was a bit of a rubbish game apparently, and not done by the same developers as the excellent PC version. CoD2 on the 360 is from the same developer as CoD on the PC (Infinity Ward), so it is completely unrelated to the Xbox version, and should be good.

Agreed. Medal of Honour: Euro Assault was a much better game, but still not as good as the PC versions.

Had some great games of Wolfenstein, still got my copy or rather re-purchased it once I realised how much I missed it.
That beach landing map was class.
If only I could pull myself away from Halo 2 now.

I'm still hooked on RtCW: Enemy Territory on the PC, still one of the best multi-player games out there imo! :)

mentioned here

id Software big boss and engine-design genius John Carmack has thrown another of his famous community-exciting ideas out there, hinting this time that the veteran developers behind Doom and Quake might be considering a 'Super' version of Doom 3 for Sony's upcoming Playstation 3 console. "One idea we've been sort of tossing around that is just a random idea is possibly doing some kind of super edition of the Doom 3 stuff for the PS3. It's something that we'd kind of like to do," Carmack appropriately informed American magazine Game Informer.

Having stated this tantalising tidbit, and having failed to clarify what a 'Super' version of Doom 3 might entail, the programmer went on to perplex us even further by stating he actually preferred developing for the Xbox 360. So what's Super Doom 3? A graphically enhanced version of the game embracing the power of next-generation hardware? Who knows. Carmack also told the interviewer that id Software will not be creating the next instalment in the Doom series, instead it'll be farmed out to a third-party a la Quake 4 and of course Return to Castle Wolfenstein. id Software are believed to be beavering away on a brand new original 'IP' as we speak. We'll keep you posted on all the latest tittle-tattle.

I've heard about this new RtCW for a while, I hope it comes out relatively soon (2006 please!)

From xbox.com

* Castle Wolfenstein (id Software) . id Software’s newest chapter in the legendary “Wolfenstein” series will deliver players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next-generation hardware, this new Wolfenstein experience will draw players into a world of unmatched exploration, action and espionage.

Craigy Boy said:
From xbox.com

* Castle Wolfenstein (id Software) . id Software’s newest chapter in the legendary “Wolfenstein” series will deliver players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next-generation hardware, this new Wolfenstein experience will draw players into a world of unmatched exploration, action and espionage.

:eek: :eek: :eek: me need link fast :eek: :eek: :eek:

can't find anything on xbox.com anywhere

I still play RTCW mutiplayer on pc,have a clan and server(closin down soon,jolt to expensive)looking forward to the 360 incarnation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom