Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (PS4)

loved wolfenstein new order so im all over this when it comes out looked like new order turned up to 11

Forgot about this until last night - so put a pre order in
Is getting great reviews as well, looking forward to it.

PC Games N – 9/10
Polygon – 9/10
GamesBeat – 90/100
PlayStation LifeStyle – 9.5/10
EveryEye.it – 9/10
US Gamer – 4.5/5
Hardcore Gamer – 4/5
Spazio Games – 8/10

DualShockers - 9.5/10
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus has become the new benchmark for single-player shooter campaigns. The sheer amount of freedom that players have to go along with the excellent gunplay make it one of the best shooters in years on those merits alone. Add in what is one the year’s most compelling, important narratives and you have a recipe for an instant classic on your hands. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus isn’t just 2017’s best shooter, it’s a game that will be looked back upon as one of the standout titles of this generation when it comes to an end.

Polygon - 9/10
B.J. is comfortable killing thousands upon thousands of his enemies if they stand between him and a bit of peace. But killing isn’t all that Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus offers. It’s the rare first-person shooter that explores the first time its hero pulled a trigger; it’s the rare first-person shooter that is comfortable connecting with the primal, untamed parts of your brain while celebrating just how fudgeing good it feels to lay out a Nazi.

Gadgets 360 - 9/10
Clocking in at around 15 hours, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is a big, booming shooter with a well-paced plot, slick levels, and great gunplay - a package we don’t see very often in 2017. October might be a crowded month, but this is one game that needs to be experienced.

Hardcore Gamer - 4/5
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus delivers an enjoyable action packed first person shooter experience. The alternate take on history makes for an interesting story populated by characters who are easy to care about. The characters that the player is supposed to hate are quite easy to despise since the game doesn’t hold back about cranking up their despicable level. Some sequences are hard to sit through since they don’t shy away from racism, antisemitism, animal cruelty, domestic violence and just sadistic behavior in general, but this features Nazis, so expecting sunshine and rainbows would be a naive viewpoint. Overall Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus delivers a memorable experience that isn’t afraid to pull punches to get an emotional response but still maintains the over the top action movie camp factor. Most importantly, it delivers fast paced shooting action and explosive carnage which is what people typically want from a first person shooter.

Got mine coming from Boomerang tomorrow.

Finish it and pick another game...love it

i just got a email from Game about a download game.

something called POB WOLF FREEDOM CHRON. i assume it something to do with pre-ordering it?

Anyone know if it ps4 pro enhanced if so what's enhanced?

Is it just me or are a lot of major titles releasing without any HDR support?

Kinda disappointing.

Kinda disappointing.
Me too. Hdr is more of a leap than 60fps or resolution. Xbox one x is getting hdr on all of the new multi platform games which seems strange when the pro has a bigger user base. I wonder if Ms has paid for hdr on the one x.

i finished it today. its great game. although the game saves at checkpoints, i would say use the save function on a regular basis. there is nothing worse than taking on a tone of enemies, dying and doing it all over again.. and again..and again..etc:facepalm: (some parts are fun but hard!)

i know this is only a game but nazi's were evil, they were racist murders, they worshiped hitler and the swastika was their symbol of hate. so many other games try and water that down or get around it. they don't do that in wolfenstein 2. its full on and quite dark.

calling it now, the last boss in wolfenstein 3 will be hitler's head in a glass jar on a robot body. lol

Last edited:

Kinda disappointing.

The main problem with HDR in games atm is I bet a lot of 4k telly owners don’t have it.
When 4k became a big thing tech buyers and gamers like me rushed to get one....but HDR wasn’t a “thing” so didn’t worry about that.

Now it’s in most 4k tellys But I cant afford or want to pay £1000 odd to upgrade for HDR.
Yes it’s better but not enough to get me and I’d imagine most early 4k buyers to pay again.

Although I do think HDR will eventually be in most games in the next year onwards

The main problem with HDR in games atm is I bet a lot of 4k telly owners don’t have it.
When 4k became a big thing tech buyers and gamers like me rushed to get one....but HDR wasn’t a “thing” so didn’t worry about that.

Now it’s in most 4k tellys But I cant afford or want to pay £1000 odd to upgrade for HDR.
Yes it’s better but not enough to get me and I’d imagine most early 4k buyers to pay again.

Although I do think HDR will eventually be in most games in the next year onwards

Yep it just needs time I guess, more HDR TV sales + the X coming out should help push things forward.

Anyone on here played this? Is it worth getting?

Anyone on here played this? Is it worth getting?

Yes it is great - if you have played the previous Wolfenstein games it is more of the same - slightly silly over the top story with some great gameplay.

Don't think it has any pro enhancements but it also looks very good as well.

Last edited:
It's £21 in Tesco, so I got it this morning ( it's for Christmas though). Only played ' the old blood' so don't know if I need to get the last Wolfenstein to know what's going on

Got this on sale and just started playing it - absolutely love it.

Doesn't quite beat DOOM imho but still a great game and really good fun :D.

Also got this in the sale got the steelbook.I love it

Played this so much I’ve gone for the season pass, it’s £11.99 on the store.
Just good fun, as IMHO games should be :)

Just finished this, great game.

Rock solid gameplay, superb story and cutscenes, excellent graphics and art direction.

In fact it was so good I may play it again on a harder difficulty.

Just downloading the second DLC of the Season pass after Gunslinger Joe.
Crept under the radar as it didn’t auto download, was available a week ago.

finished this yesterday what a great story loved it it really goes some places.
from seeing what his dad was like to even meeting a senile hitler that bit cracked me up

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom