• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WOL with Squeezebox Touch - no magic packet??

robinvb

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I am struggling with my Squeezebox Touch. According to what I read on the internet, is that at every turn on, it should send a Wake-on-LAN "Magic Packet" over the network, to turn the PC on which has the Squeezebox Server running on it.

Using a laptop, connected to the same router as the SB Touch, I tried to send a magic packet using "Jimmy's Magic Packet". This works well.

One special: The router (TP-Link WR1043ND) connects wirelessly (bridge) to a Client (TP-Link WA801N). From there, a cable connects the PC running the SQ Server program.

I had expected the WOL-function not to work because of a setting in the router, but as the Magic Packet from my laptop turns on the PC, I would think the problem is that the SQ Touch either does not send the message, or it sends it to an incorrect MAC-address.

Anybody any idea?:lease:

Thanks a lot for thinking along!

Cheers,

Robin.

larkone

Distinguished Member
It could be several things in your setup - have you read through the SQwiki on the subject as this highlights where there could be issues - wireless, wireless bridges etc.

Wake on LAN - SqueezeboxWiki

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom