1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wobbly screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bogeyed, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Bogeyed

Bogeyed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just installed a new pulldown 77" screen and cant help noticing that on scenes which pan across, the picture appears to have a ripple effect ,like a mini tsunami across the screen about one third of the way in. I assume this is due to the screen not being totally flat when extended and sure enough on inspection ther does appear to be a degree of wrinkling in the affected area. My question is ,how much distortion of the picture is considered acceptable before I should ask for a replacement that may be worse.Is ther any method of 'ironing'out these imperfections or do I just have to spend more to guarantee a flat screen.

2. mcdonji1

mcdonji1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this on my pull down Panny screen and also thought that it was caused by ripples in screen or fabric. BUT I am sure that I have now seen this on the TV as well.........................maybe my eyes are needing flattened! Or is it some kind of digital artifact?

Jim