1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wobbly Atacamas! Help :(

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by ReVeReNcE, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ReVeReNcE

ReVeReNcE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a second hand pair of Nexus 6 stands as I thought they might be significantly better than my old single pillar jobs. However they still wobble slightly when the speakers are mounted on them! They wobble on the pillars as opposed to the whole stand so I don't think it's to do with the floor.

I have filled all 3 columns with sand so they are heavy as **** and all the bolts are done up tight. At the moment they are spiked and stood on a laminate floor if that makes any difference? :(

2. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't the Nexus supposed to have 'spikes' or something similar in each corner on the top that is adjustable - the speakers don't sit direct on the plate do they?

3. Daveace1

Daveace1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had my Nexus 6 for 3 years now and I have used blue/white tack under the speakers. It is that stable that I have difficulty getting the speakers off the stands when I need to. Also, once the speakers are mounted you should be able to see a slight gap in between the speakers and the plate.

4. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I agree with the blu tac route too, works a treat esp when the stand is spiked to the floor.

5. ReVeReNcE

ReVeReNcE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found out its actually the laminate floor that moves not the speaker stands! Oh well

6. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Try putting some slate tiles under the stands. Something like floor tiles from B&Q The heavier the better. Stick some of the little self adhesive feet under the tiles to isolate them from the floor and helps to level things up. You may find this may be enough to stop them wobbling. Also saves the floor. Failing that try fthe stands with a mixture of lead shot and sand.

7. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine did this - in the end I changed them, I now have a set of Alphason AG60C, top and bottom spikes on all corners, all adjustable - shiny chrome - look the bizz, amazing how much chrome fades into the background which is due to the reflections I guess.

Blue tack is the best idea for flat plates and solid stone plinths for the bases ...