WMVHD on centrino laptop???

Oasis-GasPanic

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm close to acquiring a HP centrino (widescreen) laptop with a screen res of 1280x800 (16:10) and was hoping someone could tell me if I had any chance of playing some of the WMVHD 720p clips on the web without skipping? spec is: 1.6Ghz, 512ram and radeon 9200 64mb.

Regards,

That will have no problem playing 720p wmvhd.

Sounds like an nx7000 (or the comsumer version).

Cheers

Alex

My Dell D600 with 1.4Ghz, 256MB RAM and ATI32MB built in card can play these as long as nothing else is running at the same time so I would have thought the spec you have should be OK.

Cheers guys, I thinks that's my new laptop decided on then:D . fishyuk, it sure is the nx7000 model which I'm getting. Don't suppose you know the difference between the nx7000 and nx7010, I've checked the spec's and they seem to have identicle configurations anf looks??

Cheers again :smashin: ,

There was a motherboard revision to support Dothan when it comes out but nothing that would affect you (seeing as one doesn't generally upgrade a notebook as it isn't worth it). I think the bluetooth vendor might also be slightly different.

They are essentially the same thing and the highest end nx7000 (which it sounds like you are getting) was higher end than the highest end nx7010 for some time (and possibly still is) due to a shortage on wsxga+ screens at the time.

I even tried Coral Reef wmvhd adventure on my work TC1100 tablet (PM 1GHz and 32MB graphics) and it wasn't too far off managing 720p.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Alex, Appreciate the info.

Cheers,

Quick Update: I've had the laptop for a few days now (its a 1.5Ghz model not the 1.6 as I originally thought) and must say it is by far the best laptop I've ever owned or used. My previous portable (HP nx9005) had a AMD 2000+ XP processor which could just about play a WMVHD 720P file whilst plugged into the mains but "died" once unplugging it and using the battery. This new centrino portable has less memory and plays both WMVHD 720P's and 1080 TS's without problem on both mains and battery, and I must say all the HD clips I've tried look stunning on the 1680x1050 disply :D .

RECOMMENDED!! (if your after a great portable that is capable of playin HD stuff)

:thumbsup:

I'm impressed that the nx9005 managed it at all on the account of it having integrated graphics. I'd say that the main reason for the performance increase in WMV is the 64MB 9200 graphics rather than the Pentium M
WMV HD really does seem to require the minimum spec graphics (64MB for 720p) card.

The nx7000 is a nice notebook I'd agree.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom