1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMVHD, how to burn and play on a Denon?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by howesey, Apr 13, 2005.

1. howesey

howesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the WMVHD movies off the WMVHD web site, and I have a demo sent to me from Pioneer, all are 720p. I have copied them to a DVD-R, and also a DVD+R and tried them in multiple Denon DVD players such as the A1XV, 3910 and 2910. The DVD players load the disc so I can see the directories, but when I come to play them they will not play. I can hear the disc spin up faster and faster, then slows down and speeds up again, but no video will play.

Any help appreciated.

I have tried them on two panels, Pioneer PRO-920HD and Fujitsu P42HHA40 via HDMI.

2. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I dont think they work at all mate, i thought wmv hd was only ment to be played off pc due to the power needed to play it. I doubt a standard dvd player would be able to play them.

3. howesey

howesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have The Matrix and a Starwars film on WMVHD in 720p, they play fine on these DVD players.

4. pdundas

pdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WMVHD will not play on any standard DVD players. They use a completely different codec the player knows nothing about. They are primarily designed to play on PC's.

There are a very few DVD players which have extra features to enable them to play some WMV discs but these are few and far between and Denon do not make one.

5. HighDeff

HighDeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0