wma to wav to wma

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by wads, Apr 30, 2007.

1. wads

wads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If I burn a wma (128kbps) to cd and then rip the cd back to wma (at 128kbps) I guess I will end up will an audio track which will be inferior to the original. This is because I assume the burning software will "fill in the gaps" when creating the cd and then when ripped, the track will have even more "holes" in it due to the 128kbps sampling.

Please can someone confirm this and suggest an alternative? I am doing this to get around drm.

Thanks

2. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,161
  3. wads

wads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Abu.

That's a great tool but I don't think it solves my problem - It will still sample the audio source and I will still end up with a 128kbps mp3 sampled from a 128kbps wma.

1.So let's a say I have a CD. I rip the cd to wma at 128kbps. My resultant wma is 2Mb in size.

2.When I burn that wma back to cd, the cdo format will be bloated to about 10MB and in the process, the burning software will have filled in the holes - but essentially it is a cdo based on a 128kbps wma.

3. I them come along and re-rip the cdo (which is already somewhat degraded from the original CD) back to a 128 wma. The resultant wma will still be about 2MB in size but its quality will now be very poor when compared to the original CD.

What I need, I think, is something that says "I know the CD your ripping is really a wma128 so I will just convert to back to a wma". Does such a piece of software exist?

Many thanks.

4. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wads I had a superb Program called Steambox ripper it worked well with xp which seems to cover all these scenarios you mention above I think. Hunt for it on google. If you should be on Xp and find it. Once you find it. To get it to function you must unzip it. Then Copy and paste the DLL file into windows folder.

If you can not find it I have it downloaded on to a CD rom. Its a small program have to arrange something to email it to you.

[email protected]~~