• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WMA download / conversion question

saintmoly

Standard Member
I have just purchased a song from the Tesco music dowload site as I had a free music download voucher.

The file is a WMA file and will not play in i-tunes.

How do I convert this so that i-tunes plays it? I guess it's something really simple, but I'm struggling to sort it at the moment.

Cheers.

bu5ter

Windows Media Audio you need to open it in media player and convert is to mp3...or use a 3rd party player like musicmatch or winamp!

WelshBluebird

bu5ter said:
Windows Media Audio you need to open it in media player and convert is to mp3...or use a 3rd party player like musicmatch or winamp!

can't be done, as it is a protected WMA bought from a music store.

The only way to get it into itunes, is to burn it to a cd in WMP (or something else) then rip the track back onto the PC without any DRM.

saintmoly

Standard Member
WelshBluebird said:
can't be done, as it is a protected WMA bought from a music store.

The only way to get it into itunes, is to burn it to a cd in WMP (or something else) then rip the track back onto the PC without any DRM.

That had crossed my mind. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom