Wix Query - want to make some radical changes

Seraphim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a premium website with its own domain name hosted by Wix but want to experiment changing it radically. I'm thinking of either taking a copy of my existing site and modifying it or starting again completely from scratch. If I like what I end up with can I switch this site over to replace my existing one, so that it uses my existing domain name and premium subscription? Any thoughts?

Yep, you can take a copy and work on it, or I've found it's sometimes better to start from scratch.

Some of Wix's templates are better than others, particularly if you want to modify and tweak.

My Wix site is here: Great Model Railway Challenge | Team Muddle and Go Nowhere this is for the model railways we built for the Channel 5 TV show - The Great Model Railway Challenge. The site was pretty much built from scratch but is relatively simple.

Why not build 2 or 3 single page drafts and see what you prefer.

Thanks noiseboy. I'll carry on developing and experimenting and if it works switch over.

I think I saw some of that railway modelling show, some great images there, thanks for sharing.

One of the few downsides with WIX is that you cannot export the site or host it off their servers.

Some of their templates can be a bit flaky when you try and do more advanced things with them - correct handling of images in particular becomes quite important.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom