1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Within Sony guidelines?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tommo24, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 3rd FS76 has come back from the engineers with them saying the black bar 1/3 of the way up the screen is within the Sony standards despite the fact it has developed over a number of months. I was basically told "it must always have been present you just didn't notice it??? I don't think so.

Also the purity problem in the top left of the set cannot be fixed "as its only very small"??? What?

Anyway, for the £1500 I have spent this is not good enough so thankfully House of Fraser are swapping the tv. I dread to think what the next is going to be like??

I didn't realise for £1500 you have to accept that 36" CRT have faults, this is what the engineer told me.

Tom

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    Is the black bar a very fine wire? If so, it's part of the internal structure of the CRT and all Trinitron CRTs have them.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,025
    Indeed they do. Two, in fact. One 1/3 the way down, the other 1/3 the way up.

4. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would this band get darker with time, like mine has? I cannot even see the other band?

My set also has quite a bad goemetry problem across the top of the set and this purity problem is a permanent fixture. I've even tried moving the set into the middle of the room for 24hrs etc etc.

Regards

Tom

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read somewhere where the wires sagged or something and that affected the picture quality. I think the wire holds up the apeture.

6. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I know what you mean about the stain at the top left (only visible on white screens). Our 1st, 2nd and 4th FS76 had it. The 5th and 3rd didn't. A dark band down the LHS was there on the 2nd. No dark bar horizontal on any.

7. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WSH

Have you still got your fifth? ...or have you moved onto another model. I was having a look round for a possible replacement model should the fourth set be faulty but nothing stands out. Maybe the Sony 36Nx200 but its more money I haven't got at the moment.

I know the bar or the purity faults are not standard problems because my 1st set was perfect in every way APART from it kept turning itself off!??

Regards

Tom

8. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I think the purity problem is standard more or less since 3 out of 5 I had had it. Keeping the 5th set, although the bottom is at an angle so the LHS slopes down and the RHS is higher (same as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd but not the 4th).