Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

With the pioneer VSX-D912...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ab1385, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ab1385

ab1385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    ...and also the 812 I believe, the rear channel can be split to give 7.1 with 6 power amps, as I'm sure you all know :) What I want to know is, do the rear channels have half the volume if you split the channel in two or what? In terms of 6.1 I can't find the q compacts sold individually, so I thought I may as well buy a pair, but if I can split the centre channel and it still sound OK with an even amount of volume, then I may well put my Q1s as side speakers, Q compacts as rears, and buy a pair of Q5s. The other option I have it to have my Q1s as I do now, and have the Q compacts as rears. This would be the cheaper option, but of course, if I could the Q5s my need for a sub would be somewhat less that with the Q1s, and that way I would get a 7.1 setup.

So, anyway, the point of this thread is, how does the 912 sound in 7.1 compared to say 5.1 or 6.1? I don't want to buy the extra speakers if the rear ones are just going to sound a little bit nasty...