1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With the pioneer VSX-D912...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ab1385, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ab1385

ab1385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    ...and also the 812 I believe, the rear channel can be split to give 7.1 with 6 power amps, as I'm sure you all know :) What I want to know is, do the rear channels have half the volume if you split the channel in two or what? In terms of 6.1 I can't find the q compacts sold individually, so I thought I may as well buy a pair, but if I can split the centre channel and it still sound OK with an even amount of volume, then I may well put my Q1s as side speakers, Q compacts as rears, and buy a pair of Q5s. The other option I have it to have my Q1s as I do now, and have the Q compacts as rears. This would be the cheaper option, but of course, if I could the Q5s my need for a sub would be somewhat less that with the Q1s, and that way I would get a 7.1 setup.

So, anyway, the point of this thread is, how does the 912 sound in 7.1 compared to say 5.1 or 6.1? I don't want to buy the extra speakers if the rear ones are just going to sound a little bit nasty...