With 360 using component cable for HD, how do I connect up all my devices to my LCD?

S

steveyg20

Guest
Hope this hasn't been asked before, I hate all these duplicate threads!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, a quite specific question here, one which I am hoping someone can solve. I nabbed myself a 26" Samsung LE26RBDX LCD TV, and already I have found myself constantly needing to swap cables for the component input - This is one almighty pain; I hope there will be solutions out there, as once my X-Box 360 arrives I am looking at 3 devices which require the component connection - I am NOT going to keep swapping those.

My vga connection is used by the laptop, and I am aware I could get a vga cable for the 360, but I would guess component will be superior to this - Also heard about possiblity of HDMI and DVI cables coming out for the 360, but let's rule those out for now.

Basically, with so many of you on this forum now having an HD ready tv, Im hoping there's a quality, affordable solution to my little problem - Component switchers, are they out there?

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
 

richard plumb

Well-known Member
or use an existing joytech switcher and wire up the svideo to carry component.

Basically you use the svideo as an adapter to carry two of the three component signals, and the composite video for the other one. They are all 75ohm as per component signals:


New adaptor cable KLD73 - search for it on keene's website, only £2.99
A short adaptor cable (20cm) consisting of an s-video plug to 2 phono line sockets - one for chroma & one for luma. Also useful for send 2 x composite video signals via an s-video cable.




I'v e just ordered 6 - four for my inputs, and two for my outputs. Instant component switcher!
 

danvitale

Active Member
steveyg20 said:
Hope this hasn't been asked before, I hate all these duplicate threads!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, a quite specific question here, one which I am hoping someone can solve. I nabbed myself a 26" Samsung LE26RBDX LCD TV, and already I have found myself constantly needing to swap cables for the component input - This is one almighty pain; I hope there will be solutions out there, as once my X-Box 360 arrives I am looking at 3 devices which require the component connection - I am NOT going to keep swapping those.

My vga connection is used by the laptop, and I am aware I could get a vga cable for the 360, but I would guess component will be superior to this - Also heard about possiblity of HDMI and DVI cables coming out for the 360, but let's rule those out for now.

Basically, with so many of you on this forum now having an HD ready tv, Im hoping there's a quality, affordable solution to my little problem - Component switchers, are they out there?

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Lik Sang do an excellent Component switch box for £14.99. Its non-powered and you can plug three devices (including Audio cables) into it.

Ive got my Xbox, PS2 and Samsung HD745 plugged into it, all via component, and it does an EXCELLENT job.

Highly recommended.
 
S

steveyg20

Guest
danvitale said:
Lik Sang do an excellent Component switch box for £14.99. Its non-powered and you can plug three devices (including Audio cables) into it.

Ive got my Xbox, PS2 and Samsung HD745 plugged into it, all via component, and it does an EXCELLENT job.

Highly recommended.
Sounds like it might be what Im looking for!! :thumbsup:
 
S

steveyg20

Guest
danvitale said:
Lik Sang do an excellent Component switch box for £14.99. Its non-powered and you can plug three devices (including Audio cables) into it.

Ive got my Xbox, PS2 and Samsung HD745 plugged into it, all via component, and it does an EXCELLENT job.

Highly recommended.
Haven't managed to find it yet on the Lik Sang site - Could you link me?
 
S

steveyg20

Guest
steveyg20 said:
Haven't managed to find it yet on the Lik Sang site - Could you link me?
Sorry, I have searched high and low for the Component Switch Box for £14.99 from Lik Sang, but it is nowhere to be found - Someone please help me...... :rolleyes:
 

shaithis

Active Member
Cant find it myself but I had seen it before and its the same as this one

If you want something smarter, get an Audio Authority 1154 from EBay. Auto component switcher with analoge, digital coax and digital optical audio as well.
 

samat2001

Active Member
Hi guys

It's found at liksang here:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=4088&PHPSESSID=15e10db5881f88bd4a4277208d11de6f

Much cheaper! Also, while I'm here could I ask a quick question (sorry if this is hijacking the thread a bit lol) but would a normal component cable be just as good as the XBOX HD kit (which costs around 25 quid)? I want to hook my xbox up via component (as well as my PS2 so it looks like i'll be getting one of those boxes from liksang too lol) but obviously I'd much rather spend a fiver on an xbox component cable than 25 for the official one. Can anyone help me please?
 

shaithis

Active Member
The non-official one can only do 480p IIRC

With the official hi-def pack and a modded xbox set to US (or a US Xbox) you can go upto 1080i.
 

T800

Well-known Member

samat2001

Active Member
Can I just check something - is VGA better than Component? I'm using a Component cable at the moment and was under the impression this was the best connection you can use - is that right? I'm using the Samsung 26 lCD HD TV by the way...
 

sparkymark75

Well-known Member
I found the VGA picture quality to be generally better on my 32" Sammy LCD. The component has more vibrant colours but I prefered the overall picture quality of VGA.
 

Tejstar

Well-known Member
Why not just buy an amp with video switching? That's what I use with no noticeable degradation of pq.
 

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Huawei launches Google-less Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom