Witch Voip Adapter to Buy Now!

A

ArNx

I have decided to go Voip route.:thumbsup:
Thinking to get Linksys PAP2 (pref. unlocked)
Or
Sipura SPA-3000 (i like call divert build in)
Can anyone give me advice on witch one to get & were?, any other better options?
I am new to Voipe :cool:
:lease:

psflynn

Hiya,

it depends what you want to do. The SPA-3000 (now reabdged by Linksys by the way) will do tons of stuff - but the main difference to the PAP2 is that it has a FXS and FXO port, meaining that PSTN (normal telephone line) can be fully integrated/utilised via the one handset.

The PAP2 will not allow you to connect to the PSTN.

In addition the SPA-3000 will allow you to have multiple VOIP accounts accessible by the one handset (PAP - 2 can have two accounts - but only accessible by the relevant port). So my phone will ring if either i am contacted on my normal PSTN number and my main number (sipgate), and i can call out using either PSTN/sipgate/sipdiscount.

Oh and the SPA-3000 costs twice as much as the PAP2 - choices, choices.

Cheers

Paul

kraiklyn

A

ArNx

psflynn said:
Hiya,

it depends what you want to do. The SPA-3000 (now reabdged by Linksys by the way) will do tons of stuff - but the main difference to the PAP2 is that it has a FXS and FXO port, meaining that PSTN (normal telephone line) can be fully integrated/utilised via the one handset.

The PAP2 will not allow you to connect to the PSTN.

In addition the SPA-3000 will allow you to have multiple VOIP accounts accessible by the one handset (PAP - 2 can have two accounts - but only accessible by the relevant port). So my phone will ring if either i am contacted on my normal PSTN number and my main number (sipgate), and i can call out using either PSTN/sipgate/sipdiscount.

Oh and the SPA-3000 costs twice as much as the PAP2 - choices, choices.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul.:thumbsup:
I don't have normal phone line, will be using Voip only.
So looks like Spa-3000 better option. Right?
And it £59 delivered from www.redstore.com

kraiklyn

That is correct, i order 2 last week (separate orders from broadbandbuyer) and both came with a fairly low unlockable firmware level, so i guess they must have older stock.

I was chuffed as the unlocked ones were £25 more to buy from them.

:thumbsup:

38H21543

Grandstream HandyTone 486 Analog Telephone Adaptor £39.99
Is this offering the same facility as the SPA-3000?
Also available here.
Anyone have experience/comments about it?
Thanks

rune

38H21543 said:
Also available here.
Thanks

No, as far as I know the 3000 is far more flexible than the 486. Depends what you are after I suppose.

S

shaun.palmer

38H21543 said:
Also available here.
Thanks

The Grandstream HandyTone 486 doesn't support PSTN CLI presentation as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm if the SPA-3000 does ?
:confused:

Because if it does then it is sounding better and better, as I could use the same DECT phone that I use now to receive PSTN calls, make PSTN calls (should I choose), make free voip calls (via internetcalls.com), take incoming calls via voip for free (via sipgate.co.uk).

awesome!

saintalan

woody67 said:
I read a review on www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk , which said that the spa 3000 does not work with sipgate since Linksys have taken over Sipura, and rebadged this unit.

Is anyone using a current unit with sipgate?

I have had my SPA a week now and confirm it connects to my Sipgate. To be fair I am just learning and have done nothing complicated, but I can call & receive on Line1 via Sipgate.

Cheers

Alan

S

shaun.palmer

Got my SPA-3000 delivered yesterday - and finally got through setting it up.
:clap:
It does work with Sipgate and it does support CLID.
It supports PSTN, 1 incoming SIP and upto 4 outgoing SIP providers.
:cool:
I have set it up with my BT line, incoming via Sipgate, and outgoing via internetcalls.

So I have my BT line, a free extra phone number from sipgate and free calls from internetcalls.
AWESOME !

A

andreas07

Hi Paul
it sounds like your voip telephone system is exactly what i'd like to set up at my place.

I bought the sipura spa3000 a while ago for making outgoing calls with my voipdiscount account and to receive incoming calls via my normal pstn number. a couple of days ago now i registered with sipgate and got a german geographical landline number which would be a perfectly cheap solution for friends in germany to reach me on the other side of the world.
so theoretically i should be able to combine everything so i can make cheap outgoing calls with voipdiscount, receive incoming calls from friends back in germany via my german sipgate number AND also receive calls via my normal landline number which is provided by telstra here in australia??!!

Problem is, that i am pretty new in this area and have no idea how to set this up with my spa3000. Could you post an idiot proven step-by-step guide how you set up yours? It would be greatly appreciated!!!
Cheers
Andreas

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom