witch plasma should i get ((HELP))

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Rabbitslim, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Rabbitslim

Rabbitslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.

I am soon to be a member of the plasma owning community but I have one small problem. Witch one to get?

I think I’m swaying towards the Panasonic TH-42PW6B or the Panasonic TH-42PWD6. I have been looking on av-sales and they seem to have some very good deals I can get the pw6 for £2197.43 with one terminal board. I can also get PWD6 for £1973.09 again with one terminal board. So id appreciate it if someone could tell me the difference between them, and witch one you think I should go for.

I will be hooking my dvd recorder my vcr and my ntl cable box, I’m not sure what the connections are like on the back of the panels and think I will have to buy some more terminal boards, I think I need 1 component for the dvd and two scart for the vcr and cable.

Also when I was looking at the component terminal boards there where two options one was BNC and the other was RCA, what’s the difference. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank Lee

2. BuzzLightyear

BuzzLightyear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can only comment on the PWD6 - you certainly will not be disappointed with this one, just do a quick search to see people singing its praise.

P.S By the way its which not witch (pointy hat, black cat, broomstick) :)

BNC & RCA - RCA is a phono connector, BNC is a sort of "click on, twist, lock into position" type affair. Have a look on the AV-Sales site it has pictures of the AV boards if I'm not mistaken.

Buzz

3. ReHaBWales

ReHaBWales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    P E D A N T that how I spell it. :p

4. Rabbitslim

Rabbitslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers buzz, I’ve just ordered the pwd6 form av-sales and there customer service was excellent they even suggested ways that I can save money.

5. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Why dont you go as i did
    PW6 with RGB scart board then have the Component board with the BNC fixing as these are cheaper than the phono type for some reason. I also has a Quintro scart box which i run my Freeveiw and Xbox to the Plasma via the scart board.
    I got mine from AV-sales and havent regreted it, vert helpfull and sound advice all in the price. :thumbsup:
    Quattro

6. Dr Niceguy

Dr Niceguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I must say that I am curious to know what the difference is between the Panasonic TH-42PW6B or the Panasonic TH-42PWD6? Can someone please let me know?

Cheers

7. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The PW6 is silver and the PWD6 is charcoal.

ZedZed