Wispa chocolate bars

martin10

Established Member
Reaction score
Wispa bars are back in my local Sainsburys (Hornchurch, Essex)

Bought 4 yesterday and only got 1 left !!! :)

I noticed these and picked one up whilst at the petrol station yesterday - cost me 65p :eek:

Was rather nice though:thumbsup:

They're like gold dust around here :mad:

If i'm lucky santa might be able to source me one for christmas!
along with a box of beef monster munch.

I used to like the refreshers but since they come back ( a few months ago) they now have genatine so i cant have um ..:mad:

I used to like the refreshers but since they come back ( a few months ago) they now have genatine so i cant have um ..:mad:

Don't worry, they're not what they once were, I was disappointed when I got a pack a few days back.
You're not missing out, it'd only be another one of them cases of utter disappointment where someone has ruined a long loved snack from the past, just like mentioned in the crisp thread :(

When they mad a comeback last year , i ate them like a starving dog , now i just don't feel the same.
Had one yesterday and i just didn't enjoy it as much or at all for that matter.

Marabou on the other hand.....:eek:
These really tickle the tastebuds , best chocolate EVER!!!
Swedish....no less
82217129_33eeab3679.jpg

Hi,

The new re-relaunched "Wispa" bars, aren't as thick or nice as they used to be. :( Sadly, they're not only more expensive, but not as light in texture as before. WH Smiths sell them for 55p per bar, if that's of any interest to anyone.

Pooch

Don't get me started on Oompa-Loompas...

Just can't get the staff these days.
I blame them for the poor quality of Wispas these days.

The wispa bars have hit our local Home Bargain store, so I guess they weren't a big hit after relaunch..

They're like gold dust around here :mad:

If i'm lucky santa might be able to source me one for christmas!
along with a box of beef monster munch.

I had a packet of beef monster munch yesterday!

Ahhh i love em... wouldn't say no to a wispa gold though :rolleyes:

This Wispa re-launch does nothing but prove Cadbury's haven't got a clue. They're smaller, more expensive and what's with the 1980s angle in the marketing? They may have been launched in 1981 but they were only discontinued in 2003.

Sorry for the rant but I'm still appalled that Spira hasn't returned which I regard as far more deserving of production than Wispa as it remains the finest thing Cadbury's have ever created.

Ahhh i love em... wouldn't say no to a wispa gold though :rolleyes:

You'll be pleased to hear that they are coming back as a 'Limited Edition' within a matter of weeks. At least that's what I've heard...

Spira's are definitely ace and sorely missed but the best of the bunch has to be Fuse bars. :)

Fuse - an excellent choice sir.
Along with the rather aptly named 'Maverick'. Only Biscuit Boost, double decker and Star-Bar can hit the spot for me now.

I just need to find a can of Gini or Quattro :rolleyes:

Talking to the bloke in our corner shop yesterday as I was asking him where the wispa bars were .... he told me he ordered four boxes and when they came in ONE BLOKE bought them all off him at 60p per bar!

The guy in the shop was delighted ...... I wasn't. :(

If your having trouble buying them and hate there price, Ask a newsagents where there getting them, Cash and carry you be your best bet to look, Will work out cheaper per bar if you but several boxes

They're not 'officially' re-released until Monday, so if anyone is struggling to get one now, they may have more luck next week. I got Mrs Beetlejuice 5 from Woolworths last week, 49p each.

A few years ago I used to love Wispa's, haven't had one for ages and I'd be surprised if they still taste as nice :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom