Wish me luck

bluevortex

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Nervous ain't the word! After several months of playing it safe, today is the day i've chosen to ask my girlfriend to marry me. She has no clue whats happening and how much arrangements have been made. She thinks we are off to her parents for the weekend when she finishes work this afternoon. Little does she know. I hope everything goes okay and she says yes!

Blue

how exciting !! Good for you. Cogratulations in advance. I am sure she will be blown away. Us girls are a sucker for romantic stuff !!

NNNOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Only joking. Seriously good luck mate :thumbsup:

darren_eaf said:
NNNOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Only joking. Seriously good luck mate :thumbsup:

:rotfl: My mate said the exact same thing!

Thanks Mrs Automan, i hope she is blown away. Its costing me a small fortune

Good luck- just ask her in private to avoid possible embarassment:D

Hope it goes well mate... did it in April and was a nervous wreck... and all my planning went out of the window and I proposed in our hotel room (as opposed to a nice famous landmark in Rome!).

GW43 said:
Why are you taking this drastic step?

she's holding a gun to his head?

bluevortex said:
Nervous ain't the word! After several months of playing it safe, today is the day i've chosen to ask my girlfriend to marry me. She has no clue whats happening and how much arrangements have been made. She thinks we are off to her parents for the weekend when she finishes work this afternoon. Little does she know. I hope everything goes okay and she says yes!

Blue

Good luck matey.

let us know how it goes - :thumbsup:

Dal

darren_eaf said:
Yeah, we can all come and watch then :D

:rotfl: Sounds like a good plan.

Good luck Blue :thumbsup:

Hi,

Best of luck, but I'm sure I won't be the only one to say that we'd all appreciate some gossip and/or photos to let us know how things went between the two of you. ;)

Pooch

where you going - what you got planned??

Tell us nosey people!!!:smashin:

Simon and Melanie had only been married for two weeks.
Simon, although very much in love, couldn't wait to go out on the town and
party with his old buddies. So, he said to Mel,

"Honey, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, coochycooh?" asked Mel.

"I'm going to the bar, pretty face. I'm going to have a beer."

Mel said, "You want a beer, my love?" She opened the door to the
refrigerator and showed him 25 different kinds of beer, brands from 12
different countries: Germany, Holland, Japan, India, etc.

Simon didn't know what to do, and the only thing that he could think of
saying was, "Yes, lollypop...but at the bar...you know...they have frozen
glasses..."

He didn't get to finish the sentence, because Mel interrupted him by
saying, "You want a frozen glass, puppy face?" She took a huge beer mug
out
of the freezer, so frozen that she was getting chills just holding it.

Simon, looking a bit pale, said, "Yes, tootsie roll, but at the bar they
have those hors d'oeuvres that are really delicious... I won't be long,
I'll be right back. I promise. OK?"

"You want hors d'oeuvres, poochi pooh?" She opened the oven and took out 5
dishes of different hors d'oeuvres: chicken wings, pigs in blankets,
mushroom caps, pork strips, etc.

"But my sweet honey... at the bar... you know... there's swearing, dirty
words and all that..."

"You want dirty words, D*ckhead? Drink your f***ing beer in your goddamn
frozen mug and eat your motherf***ing snacks, because you are married now,and you aren't going anywhere! Got it, ***hole?"

Good luck mate :rotfl:

Thanks for the support you lot. Appreciated. I was a nervous wreck yesterday, but im pleased to say she said yes :D Phew!!

So how did i do it? Well, she arrived home to find a trail of rose petals leading to a letter explaining she had to get showered & get into her best dress. I arrangeed for a Taxi to collect her at 7:30pm and take her to this hotel http://www.marcliffe.com/
I then met her in reception with a flower and then went for a meal in the a la carte restaurant. Very nice indeed. She thought it was a suprise for her birthday. After the dinner she thought we were going home and i took her down to the master suite that i had filled with flowers and more rose petals. in there i wrote will you marry with 120 tea light candles. She was blown away and said yes straight away. It was the best night of my life. We are celebrtating her birthday tonight with friends and family and now its an engagment party. Im so chuffed.

All in all cost me a small fortune but was so worth it. Even had lobster to eat. damn tasty. Anyways the porter that showed to the room yesterday said that tony Blair, Rod stewart, meatloaf and liam galagher to name but a few had all stayed in this very room (not all at the same time!) It was amazing this place was as big as my downstairs in my house! Oh and some guy - saltun bruni also stayed there (some arub dude :rotfl: ?) apparently tipped the porter £700:eek:

All in all fantastic time, top notch. Im well happy :D

.... and she didnt have a gun to my head!!

Blue

:arty: :arty: :arty:

Congratulations !!! You seem to be a bt of a pyromaniac with all thos candles, but I am well impressed with the romance... You deserved the YES reply for all that. Well done. Getting proposed to is one of the most important days in a girls life, and you have made it a totally mind blowingly memorable one for her. She will tell her parents, and you will win 10 zillion brownie points, and she will tell her mates, and they will all be jealous as hell....

Auto proposed to me by a water fall... it was one of the most romantic things ever for me... :)

ermm... You didn't mention the ring.... You did have one didn't you ?!!

Congratulations.

And i'm sure it was the best night of your life! (nudge nudge, wink wink.) ;) :smashin: ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom