1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish List

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Spazwunkle, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heyhey all

The DVD genie grants you as many wishes as you want, what would you pick? :)

Just wondering what your pie-in-the-sky wish list would be for the world of DVD.

Mine would be....

- Paramount get off their ass and start giving their back catalogue some special editions. Actually, for Paramount to sort out their DVD line period.

- That Warner Bros. to cast those snapper cases into the pits of hell forever.

- That Spielberg, Scorcese, Cameron, De Palma etc would actually start doing commentaries.

- Universal stop releasing inferior R2 back catalogue titles

- Actually, for all region to be the same in quality and quantity

As for the films....

Special Editions of - Poltergueist, The Game, Beetlejuice, In The Mouth of Madness, Batman, Star Wars Saga (obviously), The Untouchables, Waynes World, Apocalypse Now, The Burbs, Hellraiser, Falling Down, Micheal Moore documentaries, Marx Brothers films, Paranthood, Coming to America, National Lampoons Christmas, European and just plain old...Vacation, Throw Momma From the Train, Blues Brothers, Carilto's Way, Kingpin, Raising Arizona, all the Scorcese films.

Yeeessss, that would be very nice :)

So how about you lot? what's your wishlist?

2. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Why, whats wrong with them!

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They are evil! :lesson:

Or alternatively - completely do away with the regions system altogether! :clap:

4. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1) or at least they could offer amarays for those who want. I don't really care that much anymore. I'm way to busy watchuing the films nowadays that I don't have time to look at the cover and care about the box.

2)I would like to have some commentaries by MR S. but if he doesn't want to then that fine by me. it's always better than sitting through a few hours of some director backslapping everyone:mad:

3)Oh yes please, esp Micheal Moore. Maybe now that Bowling for Columbine gets the SE treatment they will bring others on DVD as well.

5. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Say what you like about snapper cases, at least the discs don't come astray from the holder and rattle about inside the case and get scratched, as happened to me twice this last week. Yes, twice and both times they were rendered unplayable and had to go back for new ones. Rant over.

6. Fiona fox

Fiona fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate the double cases where the second disc is held on a seperate, flappy holder, pu tin just for the extre disc, like the R2 BHD or R2 JASBSB. I much prefer the case used in FOTR, where they put on e on each side of the case.

7. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto. I don't like the R2 Buffy boxsets either- I prefer the design on 4 disc FOTR boxsets.

8. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops I forgot to put a Heat re-issue in there, which is what got me started on this whole line of thinking :)

So what else would exist in the perfect DVD world?

9. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Increasing the bit rate to the absolute maximum by leaving out excess rubbish like DTS sound tracks.

10. Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bring back Flippers. I've gained a few pounds due to the bone idleness of being able to watch a DVD from start to finish without having to get up and change sides :(.

11. Quinnsey

Quinnsey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish Fox would stop putting their Special Edition DVD's in paper cases (Die Hard SE, Speed, Predator etc.). Same goes for Buena Vista for Pulp Fiction SE... how come the bare bones versions got proper amaray cases? :confused:

12. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :thumbsdow I couldn't disagree more! :D Fox & Buena Vista - keep em coming! :clap:

13. Alice

Alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I love the cardboard special editions :smashin:

14. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I wish David Lynch would do the right thing before he dies and release DUNE the 5 or so hour Directors cut. And make sure it has the quality to mach the quantity.

Actually if David Lynch died it may come sooner rather than later.

15. Quinnsey

Quinnsey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they are releasing these films in SE, but don't you think the packaging is a bit flimsy and cheap? My Pulp Fiction got crushed under the weight of my other DVD's (I stack them vertically), I much prefer they way Die Hard with a Vengeance was packaged (with a cardboard cover over an amaray case).

16. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't stack them vertically, this is bad. Don't know why, just is.

17. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Pulp Fiction packaging was a particularly bad example, I don't own it but it was very flimsy by all accounts. Fox generally do really good digipacks: eg Moulin Rouge (R2) Fight Club (R1), although ther were also responsible for the (R2) Predator which was pretty crappy!
    I love the (R1) Beuna Vista "Vista Series" packaging - Tombstone is one of the best presented DVDs available imho :smashin: