wiser?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dtww, May 12, 2005.

1. dtww

dtww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wiser? no. :eek: ok, I know u don't need to subscribe to sky to get FTV/FTA channels. but I am none the wiser and a bit confused (still) now... digiboxes - are these for sky subscriptions only, is "digibox" a generic term? does digibox = satellite receiver?? I have a dish on the outside wall so (unless the dish is a dummy!) I am talking about getting an internal box.. and what do you call that? kon fius d :( help?

thx for helping me with some really basic questions :smashin:

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,346
    "Digibox" is just a generic term for a satellite receiver.
    You do not need to buy a "Sky" digibox there are others available, maybe someone else can provide/suggest a link for same.

3. dtww

dtww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    plug one out of the air, Topfield 4000FE?? :confused:

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

From my experience the word "digibox" was pretty much used to describe SKY digital boxes (at least on the public forums/newsgroups) but it has started to be used to describe all digital STB's. However DTT digital boxes are for the most part still called Freeview boxes even if they are also capable of receiving PAY services.

Any STB that can be used to view SKY Videoguard encrypted channels (FTV and PAY) will clearly state it's SKY brand, no room for confusion between the licensed SKY hardware and "normal" digital receivers.