1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wise to buy sight-unseen?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by flapcats, Mar 21, 2003.

1. flapcats

flapcats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It'll be my birthday in two weeks (ish) and I wanted a projector by then, but it's taken soooo long for the ae300 to even become a whisper in the UK that I probably won't see one before that date. Should I just go ahead and buy one anyway?

Is this wise, given the reviews of the ae300...?

2. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's always best to see it in the flesh obviously.

However if it's your first projector then any of the leading (value ;) ) models (AE300/HS10 etc) will probably have you gibbering on the floor for a few months :)

I bought my AE300 unseen from Japan and couldn't be happier with it at the moment. Now that's a risk :)

-- Jon

3. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    IMO, unless your absolutely loaded, when spending the sort of money a projector costs, it's worth being patient and making sure you get the one that you want. I've read loads on the ae300 and it sounds like it fits my bill perfectly, so I'm giving it another month or so to see if it surfaces. Hope you make the right decision.:smashin:

4. flapcats

flapcats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nowhere near as loaded, or I'd probably have walked into Shasonic and bought their Epson DLP for £1500 or whatever it was and been perfectly happy with it too, despite the headaches.

Damned forums, now I know about rainbows and filters etc I'll never get it right. ;)