wirless g router problems

Sqweeky Badger

i might be able to answer my own questions just by looking at the price of this thing... but for now il just try to get it working:D

i have the belkin wireless g router F5D7230-4

i have set up the router with the cd so that i can use the security, and the wifi does fine for the iphone installer...

BUT when using it it very often looses wifi connection, when im within 5 feet
and when downloading to the iphone it stops downloading half way through and i have to start it again,

i also use the wired connections on it too and it still stops downloading half way...eg if i click on a youtube video to stream it will do half, and i have to refresh to get it to do it again...

i know its a cheap router but no matter how cheap i expect it to do just the basic job, so is there something i can do to sort these problems

to add xbox live is soooo laggy over belkin wired too, compared to my dedicated d-link blade....which sadly has no wifi

thanks

whitters366

Novice Member
Try changing the wireless channel - from the Router's setup pages, modify the wireless channel, and then check the signal level on your wireless device - possibly from a reasonable distance away - select the one that is best (you may have conflicting wireless signals from neighbours etc.)

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom