Wiring up to TV and Amp

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
What is the thinking these days, before 4k, Atmos, 120hz etc, everything was into the amp then one hdmi into tv, it seems nowadays it’s everything into tv then eARC to amp. If I buy an amp that’s 4k/120hz HDMI 2.1 compatabile surely it’s would still be easier to wire everything to the amp with one hdmi through the wall to the tv for eArc?
Im going to have ATV 4k, Xbox series X, PC (possibly). I’m will mainly use ATV for all apps NETFLIX etc so it would seem sensible option would be the one lead from amp to tv. Im looking at Denon for around £600 for an amp as well.

razy60

What is the thinking these days, before 4k, Atmos, 120hz etc, everything was into the amp then one hdmi into tv, it seems nowadays it’s everything into tv then eARC to amp. If I buy an amp that’s 4k/120hz HDMI 2.1 compatabile surely it’s would still be easier to wire everything to the amp with one hdmi through the wall to the tv for eArc?
Im going to have ATV 4k, Xbox series X, PC (possibly). I’m will mainly use ATV for all apps NETFLIX etc so it would seem sensible option would be the one lead from amp to tv. Im looking at Denon for around £600 for an amp as well.
Still is all into amp then into TV there maybe reasons for the other way aesthetics being one another is if you use TV apps with atmos audio, I'm sure others can give a few more but on the whole it's still the same.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Still is all into amp then into TV there maybe reasons for the other way aesthetics being one another is if you use TV apps with atmos audio, I'm sure others can give a few more but on the whole it's still the same.
Cheers, as I’ll be using ATV for apps it shouldn’t be a problem, certainly saves me running loads of HDMIs through the wall.

gibbsy

There is some confusion as to the 120hz pass through with this year's crop of AV amps. This will only really effect you if you are a gamer and is better covered in another thread.

As far as 4K signals, which is all that many will really care about, is covered by HDMI 2.1 with the 2021 models making a single HDMI connection from AV amp to TV a one lead only.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom