1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiring up speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by snuffy1, Nov 5, 2002.

1. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone...

I have just bought the sony 36 Fs70 and have a few questions about hooking everything up, so i dony have to keep pulling scarts in and out...(head wrecking). I have the digital set top box in scart 1...Dvd in scart 2... and am alternating between the game cube and PS2 in scart 3...which is very annoying having to move the tv out from the wall to change consoles.. could anyone recomend a double adapter type scart...or triple...

Just one more... the tv came with 2 rear speakers... I cannot afford a better sound system yet...hopefully santa can help...
    I have a sony mini disc stereo with 2 speakers and i want to know the best way to hook the tv up through the stereos speakers while still being able to use the mini disc system through
    them, and maybe record sound straight through the tv on to mini disc... All while not having to unhook wires all the time...

thanks to anyone who can even make much sense of the above...

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Hi

Sounds like you need a Scart Switching Box. www.lektropacks.co.uk have them I think.

Your minidisc stereo system, does it have an auxiliary audio input? If so, just connect the TV´s audio outputs to it (via a pair of phono analogue cables). Then you´ll have the TV sound through the stereo and should be able to record the sound as well if the stereo has the ability to do so.

3. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help... I have a scart to 2 phono... which brings the sound to the mini disc speakers...but i do not want to use scart... what other ways are possible... I just want to be able to use the mini disc speakers as rears and for the tv and dvd...without using a scart...

Is it possible to take the wires out of the back of my mini disc system speakers and put in longer ones... they sort of look like they could come out...

thanks allot for your help mate.... really appreciated...

I just want to keep all the bloody wires to a minimum...cheers...

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    On the back of your TV (its a Pro-Logic TV) you should have sets of speaker terminals with spring clips. You´ll either need to connect the speakers that came with the TV to the relevant terminals (so you have rear surround sound) or if your minidisc system speakers are detachable you could use those.

To be honest I would use the two that came with the TV for the rear speakers.

As I mentioned before, to get the sound from the TV to the minidisc stereo just connect with a pair of phono cables. The TV has a pair of audio outputs for this.

Trouble is I don´t think you can combine one with the other, you have to use either the TV and its speakers or the stereo system, not both at the same time or you´ll end up with the sound all over the place!

5. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks allot for your help...

I am sure i will be in touch when i get some new gear...