• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wiring up a second tv in a bedroom

Les Travers

Standard Member
Hi, I would appreciate some help with what is needed to connect a second tv in a bedroom. I currently have a tv installed in the lounge with a humax box and 2 cables going to a satalite dish.
I am converting a garage to a bedroom and I would like to fix a tv to a wall. I propose to install a second Humax HDR 1100 S on a shelf located on a shelf below the tv. I am fixing new plaster boards to the walls so concealing wires will not be a problem. My man concern is to avoid wires being visible. I can take 2 satalite cables and power cables to the position but I'm not sure what fittings I will heed to attach to the wall. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Les Travers.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
If concealing wires behind plasterboard please put them in conduit if of any length or across studding to allow easy pull through of replacement cables in case of damage/need to upgrade originals.

Also use decent double screened cable such a WF100 for satellite and RF signals.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom