Wiring room for Plasma & surround sound.

C

Canndo

I'm currently "doing up" a 5m x 5m room. I would appreciate advice on what cables should be tracked into the wall for a wall mounted 42" plasma which will then be connected to a surround sound speaker / dvd theater system.
The TV I'm considering is the Sony KDEP42XS1 with a Sony HTSL500 surround sound kit.

Scart seems to be best from reading around in the forum....i'm trying to discover the same! Will let you know if any advice come smy way :)

this may be a silly question but is scart better than component? if so, how come?

thanks

julie

Julie

Simple answer! Scart is not better than component

Thanks Parklife. Will I be OK with a 12m scart? If so would it be better if it were RGB only?

If you have the choice of scart or component...then go for component. For a 12m long scart then I would get a good quality lead thus minimising any signal loss.

If you are hacking the walls then even if you do not have component I would be tempted to put one in anyway!

Thanks. I was going for two scarts now I think i'll go for one scart and a component. I have hacked the walls so might as well do it....then I suppose I can evaluate the best when I get the TV?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom