Wiring room for Plasma & surround sound.

C

Canndo

I'm currently "doing up" a 5m x 5m room. I would appreciate advice on what cables should be tracked into the wall for a wall mounted 42" plasma which will then be connected to a surround sound speaker / dvd theater system.
The TV I'm considering is the Sony KDEP42XS1 with a Sony HTSL500 surround sound kit.

S

Simon James

Scart seems to be best from reading around in the forum....i'm trying to discover the same! Will let you know if any advice come smy way :)

A

alpina

this may be a silly question but is scart better than component? if so, how come?

thanks

julie

Parklife

Julie

Simple answer! Scart is not better than component

S

Simon James

Thanks Parklife. Will I be OK with a 12m scart? If so would it be better if it were RGB only?

Parklife

If you have the choice of scart or component...then go for component. For a 12m long scart then I would get a good quality lead thus minimising any signal loss.

If you are hacking the walls then even if you do not have component I would be tempted to put one in anyway!

S

Simon James

Thanks. I was going for two scarts now I think i'll go for one scart and a component. I have hacked the walls so might as well do it....then I suppose I can evaluate the best when I get the TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom