1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring REL

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DucatiEVO, Dec 21, 2003.

1. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok just need to clear a few things up to be sure. My DSP (Roksan Caspian) has the option to defeat the sub output and send signals below 100hz to the two front speakers. This is how I have my REL St3 plugged in at the mo with the High level Neu cable.

But what would happen if I enabled the sub output and ran another RCA to the lo level input of the sub, does this mean in 2ch I would lose the frequencies below 100Hz (as they're rerouted), or would the DSP know to use the sub output for 2-ch music too (and 5.1ch)?

The manual for the REL says for 5.1 to enable the sub (LFE) output etc but it's getting me confused now, should I just leave it as is? :confused:

This is an extract from a setup guide:

It says to ALSO run a cable from the LFE connection (assuming it means sub). On my DSP I can't do both, if I turn the sub output on it cuts the low frequencies out from the main speakers etc.

Hence my confusion. :(

2. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok quick update I think I can work around it as the DSP has an option to downmix all outputs to the front channels (via remote), hence giving me what I have now, and in 5.1 it would use the sub output as perferred. I need to test this theory now to see if it works. :)

RTFM Anyone :blush: