1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring question - pioneer 323

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Bombcircle, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Bombcircle

Bombcircle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now this might sound like a daft question, but I'd appreciate advice from anyone with the same machine as me......

I'm using the 323 with the psuedo-surround option and couldn;t tell from the instructions whether that meant I still had to wire both parts of the right and left speakers as if I were using surround sound proper. Does that make sense? In the manual it looks as if there's only one set of wires going to each speaker but that didn't seem right to me.

Also, how do I make sure the machine knows I've got psuedo and not rea surround sound - or doesn't it matter?

Sorry to sound like a muppet, but it's all new to me!

2. Adam Min

Adam Min

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 424 but the principal is the same. Yes each speaker will need to wired up seperately and plugged in to the colour coded sockets on the back of the DVD player. You don't need to tell the machine that you are using Pseudo surround, but make sure you position the top speakers correctly and you may want to alter the levels of each speaker once you've tried the player a few times to get the correct balance.

I am dead chuffed with my Pioneer hope you are too. :)

3. Bombcircle

Bombcircle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, glad I got it right! I'm really pleased with it - before I bought the Cambridge Audio package from Richer Sounds but took it back within 24 hours as it had a serious design fault - the amp picked up noise from the dvd spinning and this was permanently audible. No such problems with the 323 though, seems like a great purchase. Cheers.