Wiring Philips 329616 & MarantzSR4200 to Mission Cinema6 simultaneously

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Paul.Scrivens, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Paul.Scrivens

Paul.Scrivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently purchased a
    Philips 9616 TV (With built in Dolby Decoder)
    Marantz SR4200 amp/reciever
    Marantz DV4200 DVD player
    Mission Cinema6 speaker package

I currently have the DVD player connected to he amp via optical digital cable and to the TV via an RGB SCART.

The speakers are then all wired up to the amp.

However, to take advantage of Dolby Digital from my TV whats the best wire up the speakers? There are front rear and sub outputs on the back of the TV however I can't hook this up to the amp as there is no conection to control front rear and sub.

Would it be ok to wire the TV directly to my Mission cxinema6 speakers and sub along with the wires going to the amp (used for wathcing DVD's and listening to CD's) will 2 wires going into my speakers cause any problems?

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Paul

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't see any advantages in using the D/D on the TV when you have a perfectly good amp and speakers that will do the job 100 times better. Keep it connected the way you have it.

3. Paul.Scrivens

Paul.Scrivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry don't think I made myself clear on that one-

The DVD player is hooked up to the Amp however when watching ordinary TV the sound goes thourgh the TV speakers.

Would it be best to connect the front outs from the TV to the Amp?

Or can I connect the Front, rear and sub outs from the TV to the speakers directly. Along with the wires going to the amp?

Note this is only for watching TV

Hope this sounds clearer.

Regards

Paul

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To feed the audio from the TV to the amp......... connect a set of phonos from the TV labeled audio out (L/R) to the audio inputs (L/R) on your amp.