Wiring on Sony CDX-L420V

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by wonderwizard, Jun 29, 2004.

1. wonderwizard

wonderwizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently removed my Sony CDX-L420V to repair the coaxial cable in my 1995 Vauxhall Corsa. On doing so I accidentally (dont ask me how) managed to pull the yellow wire out of the wiring block connected to the back of the radio. (out of the Sony plug, not the Vauxhall end)

My problem now is, I dont know where it is meant to go!

Anyone know? or able to have a look at theirs for me? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,957
    If the plug is the same as the old one in front of me it has 16 pins, 15 of which are used. If it's only the yellow that's come adrift there should only be 2 possible places it can go.

If you view the plug from the wiring side with the black wire to the top left & the red immediately below it, the yellow goes to top right. That leaves the next pin down on the right unused & the 3rd pin should be orange.

3. wonderwizard

wonderwizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. However mine must be different, I dont have it to hand, but there are 4 empty slots it could go in, and I don't have an orange wire.

got:

[blank] [blue] [red] [black]
    [light blue] [blank] [blank] [blank]

There are a further 8 wires to the left of these, but they are all speaker wires.

Pete

4. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,957
    It may be that your unit doesn't have certain functions (amplifier remote & illumination?). The full pin out of the 16 pin connector is here. If you can match this to what you have then the yellow should go where I suggested. I must stress that if you are in any doubt you should seek confirmation from a reputable ICE dealer.

5. wonderwizard

wonderwizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help.

I called at the local Sony dealer yesterday and it turns out it goes on the bottom right hand corner. The orange wire you spoke about is indeed the illumination wire, which is not used on my head unit.

Thanks again

pete

6. jamie999

jamie999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

hello i have currently just brought a sony cdx-l420v and i have noticed that the back plug the plugs into the c.d player is missing. does anyone no where i can get another one from?

many thanks jamie

7. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,957
    This one?

I think I've also seen them in Halfords.