Question Wiring of a Smart Thermostat

MickEP

Hi,
I have just purchased the Netatmo Thermostat for Smartphone, and I am trying to wire it up, to my Biasi Riva Advance HE Combi boiler, and there are two cables running from the relay, a (Mains - Blue/Brown) and a (Black and Grey)
I am not sure where to wire the black and grey wires from the relay to the boiler.
I would appreciate any help that someone can offer, as I wanted to get it installed over the weekend.
I have Also included the Thermostat Installation Page from the manual,
Am I right in thinking that I remove the Black Wire Linking Terminal 1 & 3 and Wire in the Black and Grey wire from the relay (does it matter which way round they are wired, i.e. can the Grey Wire go to Terminal 1 and the Black wire to Terminal 2 or Vice Versa)
Then I wire the Blue/Brown Wire to The Live and Neutral Terminals as in the Photo Below.
Thanks For any Help.
Biasi Manual
ixa9mx.jpg

Boiler Wiring
25qew75.jpg

Proposed Wiring of the Relay
jidtnr.jpg

redboy1

Did you manage to get it working?

I've pre ordered the netamo thermostat with the Amazon Dot but I'm in 2 minds whether to cancel it.

MickEP

Yes, Wired it in this morning, as per my photo, all worked fine, Looks a great piece of kit (in the short time Ive played with it anyway), I have also ordered an Echo and Echo Dot, at the moment, I have set it up to work with Apple Home kit, and it works fine with Siri.
Mick

redboy1

Yes, Wired it in this morning, as per my photo, all worked fine, Looks a great piece of kit (in the short time Ive played with it anyway), I have also ordered an Echo and Echo Dot, at the moment, I have set it up to work with Apple Home kit, and it works fine with Siri.
Mick
One thing that's annoying with the netamo is there's no symbol on the thermostat to say if the heating is on or not.

redboy1

On my thermostat I have now I always check the little flame symbol. Why they didn't do this I don't know. Its such a little thing but so useful that I'm probably going to cancel my order and have to pay double again for best or hive.

scotty4157

Novice Member
mick can you confirm your grey and black connections?
grey from netatmo to brown on boiler ( I can see that)

black to blue neutral on boiler?
or black to black on boiler?

coz you mentioned terminal 1 + 2 but black looks like its going to terminal 3

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom