1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring my own scart switcher

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by 2H3LL, May 23, 2005.

?
  1. easy to understand even a child could work it out

75.0%
  2. you need to understand quantum physics before attempting to understand it.

25.0%
  1. 2H3LL

2H3LL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    How would i go about wiring my own 6 way scart switcher with 6 scart inputs 2 lots of rca outputs and 1 scart output.
    i have looked around the commercial market and have found nothing usefull
    also could anyone explain scart logic to me as i cannot find anything usefull on any of the search engines. :lease:

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    If you wanted it to be a manual switching design then a DIY should be possible although wouldn't be an easy job - presumably you can get hold of and design the relevant PCB?

Much of the "logic" isn't too complicated and may even be unnecessary depending on how much you're planning to switch. For example, it would be wise to leave out the auto-detect pins and the return feeds although you then obviously lose auto-detect and potentially widescreen switching too.

If you're planning an automated unit then I would suggest staying well clear! :eek:

3. 2H3LL

2H3LL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would prefur manual switching and as for the pcb if i was given a design i could build it as i have all the uv exposure boxes and relevent chemicals.
    and what would you need to do if you wanted to record from 1 device to another on a manual unit
    thanks for your help so far eviljohn2 any thing else would be greatly appreciated :D

4. reverend_dan

reverend_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if your going to go down the manual route it may be easier to buy a cheap printer/parallel switch from a computer fair and hack it.

5. 2H3LL

2H3LL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are there any parallel switchers this big that will be "Cheep"

6. reverend_dan

reverend_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good point, well i did make a parallel switch once many moons ago and used rotary switchewhich was just a front with a long turner on the back. then with waffers you could just add on to make another connection, i had a quick look at maplins and couldnt find them not sure if they are still being made. Probably all digitally done now