Question Wiring monitor audio ct165 T2 advise

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by Happypatrol, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Happypatrol

Happypatrol
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm looking for some help if possible.i currently have sonos connect with Cambridge audio sr10 amp and 4 monitor audio ct 165 speakers. In one zone.

I've now doubled my system with another matching amp sonos connect and gone for the monitor audio ct165 T2 speakers.these are stereo speakers with two tweeters and going in hallways and bathrooms. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I've made a big mistake here. The speakers are 6 ohm. The amp gives 4-8ohm. And runs great with current speaker setup. However the monitor audio CT165 T2's require a left and right cable + and - supply. Is it possible to wire these without ruining the sound or blowing up my new amp ?

I hope this makes sense. I'm confused myself.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. chile62

chile62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I've got one of these wired up in the bathroom. In effect it's a left and right speaker in one so you need to wire up the left and right sides to the left and right speaker outputs from the amp.

It looks like you want to run both sets off a single connect amp? Sonos suggest you need 8 ohm speakers: Connecting speakers to a CONNECT:AMP

But depending on volume I think you should be ok. To be completely safe I think you would need to use an impedance matching speaker switch.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016