Wiring in additional Speakers?

JRW

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently updated my old Sony TV which had a couple of wired additional small speakers which were great. Our new TV is a Panasonic Plasma TXP42 G30B which is great except the sound in nowhere as good as the old Sony. We have quite a big room, so what I'd like to do is to add on a couple of small wired speakers to put near our end so we can hear better. I'm getting on a bit and just need some guidance on how to wire speakers into this new tv which has a confusing aray of modern sockets at the rear. I don't want a cinema setup or anything or full surround sound at my age, just a couple of small speakers. What kind of adapter do I need. Can anyone help please?
Regards
John

Hi John, I don't think you can wire your speakers to this TV, the Sony had amplifiers built in which drove these speakers, You would need to purchase an amplfier to power the speaker, preferably one with an optical input, sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Many thanks for the info. Am I correct in assuming that the amplifier is mains powered and converts to low power for the speaker cable. Also do I need special speakers?
Many thanks
John

You should be able to use the same speakers, can you give me some info on the speakers ie are they 4, 8 or 16 ohms and their handling capacity in watts and how much are you willing to spend on an amp?, with this info it should be easy to find you a suitable amp.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom