Question Wiring HDMI through loft to other side of the room

Damocoleman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help/advice wiring HDMI through loft to other side of the room.

Current set up is on one side of the room is the bed and the other side (Mounted onto a chimney breast) is the TV.
Connected to the TV is the Apple TV and PS4 which is on top of a chest of drawers.
Wires are everywhere so looks a complete mess!!

We are putting a wardrobe where the CoD is, so I need to think of an alternative option to wiring - whilst making it look alot cleaner!!

So my thought process is to put a thin HDMI plate and box next to the TV, run Cat6 cables through trunking into the loft, and chase it down the opposite wall into another HDMI socket which connects to the devices.

My question is that I have read that I need an extender going into the socket, or the plates can have an extender included?
Also, is it better to have a single socket and use a multiplier next to the devices like this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447333018&sr=8-3&keywords=multi+HDMI
And does that socket need to be a minimum distance from the plug socket?
Would it be advisable to include any other connections to future proof it?

Any advice and/or recommended products would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Damian

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What you would ideally need is a HDMI switch (but not the one you have linked to as it doesnt have a seperate Power supply, all HDMI products should have a seperate power supply)

3-Port HDMI Switch

Then a HDBaseT HDMI over Single Cat5 extender (transmitter and receiver) , we dont like the wall plate versions but the receivers are small so can go behind the TV.

Our professional versions are £199+VAT but we have some lower cost versions at just £79+VAT. The HDBaseT extender will also carry the IR signal back over the Cat6 cable so you can control teh sources and the switch and still point at the TV

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom