Wiring for Fibaro Single Switch 2 not working

freddyq

Hi, can anyone with experience of wiring Fibaro modules advise why the wiring in the photos isn't working?

This is a Single Switch 2 module wired to a standard toggle on/off switch controlling 4 LED outdoor lights...

TIA!

20200318_081929.jpg20200318_081944.jpg

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'm not a pro on this, but shouldn't neutral also go in to Q?

sswitch2_diagrams.png

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Hang on, you've not got a neutral wire have you. Your load from the light should be in Q but you then need a neutral for N.

freddyq

Hang on, you've not got a neutral wire have you. Your load from the light should be in Q but you then need a neutral for N.
I'm no electrician and this is being done by someone else but this is for a new extension where new wiring has been run for new lights and switches so how do you normally end up with neutral at the switch? Can I get it run now?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I doubt it can be run now as your wiring is behind the plasterboard but ask your sparks/builder. I'd imagine it's an older house without a neutral (most newer houses have it at the switch) so I'm guessing they've carried on with this in the new extension.

If there is a neutral at the light itself you can wire the Fibaro unit there instead.

freddyq

I doubt it can be run now as your wiring is behind the plasterboard but ask your sparks/builder. I'd imagine it's an older house without a neutral (most newer houses have it at the switch) so I'm guessing they've carried on with this in the new extension.

If there is a neutral at the light itself you can wire the Fibaro unit there instead.
OK thanks - issue is the lights are outdoor lights so highly unlikely I'll be able to wire directly at the light...

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Have a chat with the sparks, there might be a place close enough you can access all the wiring including a neutral :)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom