1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring an entire ground floor?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by jules_england, May 26, 2004.

1. jules_england

jules_england

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

Hello!

I am a complete newbie seeking any adivce on where/how I can find help/advice on wiring an entire open-plan ground floor of a house with speakers. I am hoping to separate them into three zones and link the whole lot up to a single CPU through which I can play CDs, DVDs, MP3s or radio.

Can anyone help direct me to a company who can help with this?

Thank you for reading!

Julia. :blush:

2. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Julia,

What kind of budget did you have in mind? There are many different approaches you can take. Also, do you want to have all three sets of speakers wired up to the same amp, or are three separate amps possible?

Cheers,
    Joel

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    need abit more info, if you want 3 zones with indepenandt control of volume and source, you need proper multiroom kit. for independant control of volume from one source in all 3 zones multiple ways to do it, for just 3 pairs in one large room all at 1 volume and same source V easy

4. jules_england

jules_england

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for your help so far....

The budget's fairly large, although I don't even know how high the prices go on this kind of stuff.

Basically, I'd consider a range of prices, we're still building, so all the wiring can easily be done at the same time as everything else. I'm prepared to pay more now in order to get it right, rather than pay less and have to upgrade/adjust it later on.

And in answer to the second enquiry - from the information you've provided me with, it seems I need the multiroom option, as I wish the zones to be independently adjustable, but from one main set of controls.

Thanks again for aiding me on this - I really appreciate the help.

Julia :thumbsup: