Question Wiring advice for AV room needed

markharro

Novice Member
Hi

As the title says, I'd be very grateful for some concise advice on wiring/cabling for first fix electrics that will be going in to our garden office/AV built in about a week.

I have atm a hifi separates audio only set up with Audiolab amps feeding two Monitor audio floorstanders.

Ultimately, I intend to add a flat screen TV and surround sound amp etc.

My priority right now is to get the cabling in the walls with everything I need to future proof (hopefully) for the next 5-10 years.

One of the main quandries is whether to still in speaker cable to feed a 5.1 system or whether to provide for anything more. I should point out that the space if principally going to be used as an office - the AV side is a sideline albeit one I am serious about without spending stupid sums of money down the line.

So, do I wire for 5.1 only?

Also, I have been told I can keep my floorstanders wired to my Audiolabs and connect my 8000S via "Pre - pwer AV" mode I think to a future surround sound processor and run the other speakers from the surround sound box? I am pretty clear that the connection from the 8000S to surround sound processor is simply via 2 phono leads but be good to get this confirmed.

Subwoofer connection to surround sound processor - I have been told this is typically via coaxial?

I have more questions but be great to get some feedback on these to start the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom