Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

wiring a sub...

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by kdm3, May 2, 2005.

1. kdm3

kdm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm new to this car audio stuff - so excuse me if this sounds dense...

i recently decided to get a decent car audio system since i've got a bit of dosh... hence i bought myself a 5 channel 1800 watt amp (4x300, 1x600 watt)... and have chosen what speakers i want etc (but ain't bought them yet).

however, i originally intended to power the speakers from my head unit - it has 4x45 watt channels for the front/rear speakers - plus it also has stereo rca outputs, but...

i was wondering about the best way to feed into my amp (it can apparently accept both line and speaker level signals). my thinking initially was to run the 4 amp channels from the 4 speaker level outputs from the head - but i then realised i had no way of providing a signal to my sub...

what would be the best approach, i'm stuck!

2. currentsupply

currentsupply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    definately run RCA cables to your amp

The amp should have switches on it so you can run all 5 channels off of one pair of RCA's if that is all your CD player has.