Wireworld Speaker Cables Orbit And Solstice

jazzman

Established Member
Reaction score
is there anbody using any of these cables as speaker cables.

I was told by a person working in an hifi shop that these cables were pretty good they are so called symmetricoax and i have the means of getting them at a price which is a little weird i looked out on ebay and 2 meteres of solstice cable is sold for 159 usd which makes 60 usd per meter and i can get it for 15 usd

the same goes for the orbit 5 which is sold by the same company on ebay for 190 usd the 5 meter which comes to about 40 usd a meter and i can get it for 12 usd a meter and all my prices include the terminations as well

anybody with any experience with those cables will be highly appreciated

thanks and regards

Merhaba Jazzman

I have had a wee look at these cables and they are top of the range super expensive stuff. Unless your hifi equipment is top of the range it may not work with your system, however if you feel it is a good price then go for it. The orbit one here would cost around over 100 pounds per metre.!!!! :eek:

Last night I made a cable with six equal lengths of cat5 cable as an improvement on the ones I had with three lengths of cat5. :smashin:
There was a considerable improvement especially with the base. It is very thick put sounds great. You can buy 100 metres for about 30 pounds here and there are many people using this stuff on top of the range equipment who have ditched expensive speaker cable for CAT5 braided.

merhaba gerbilly
i will be sending you a pm read that ?

gerbilly said:
Merhaba Jazzman

I have had a wee look at these cables and they are top of the range super expensive stuff. Unless your hifi equipment is top of the range it may not work with your system, however if you feel it is a good price then go for it. The orbit one here would cost around over 100 pounds per metre.!!!! :eek:

Last night I made a cable with six equal lengths of cat5 cable as an improvement on the ones I had with three lengths of cat5. :smashin:
There was a considerable improvement especially with the base. It is very thick put sounds great. You can buy 100 metres for about 30 pounds here and there are many people using this stuff on top of the range equipment who have ditched expensive speaker cable for CAT5 braided.

Happy with these solstice speaker cables. However to be honest, the other speaker wires I had were standard copper wires bought from Radio Shack. This was a huge jump for me. Haven't tried my system with any other speaker wires. I almost bought the the Naim NAC5A wires which I'm told are terrific. The Solstice are also tough to assemble if you are going to bi-wire your speakers with bare terminations.

since i will be bi-amping the guy who sells the wireworld cables told me that there was no necessity to go with the solstice we thought about using solstice for bi-wiring which will become a 4x14 quage cable or 2x11

therfore he told me to use the orbit 5 which he told me is the same thing but a little thinner i think they 2x12 guage when used normally so since i will be using 2 pair of cables for bi-amping it will make it a 4x12 guage in my case for the fronts

coming on the termination issue no i wont be using them as bare cables the seller told me to get spades for the speakers and bananas for the amp end and i complied he will be terminating them with some US made spades and bananas for free.

thanks for stepping in there arent many people using this cable around here i couldnt even find a proper review on the net to see how they compare to other brand cables.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them the solstice comes to 15 usd and the Orbit to 12 usd a meter with the terminations (the price is not per pair)

hamiltod said:
Happy with these solstice speaker cables. However to be honest, the other speaker wires I had were standard copper wires bought from Radio Shack. This was a huge jump for me. Haven't tried my system with any other speaker wires. I almost bought the the Naim NAC5A wires which I'm told are terrific. The Solstice are also tough to assemble if you are going to bi-wire your speakers with bare terminations.

Sorry Jazzman it is the solstice which sells for over 100 per metre the orbit sells for near 40 quid per metre.

try this website they sell a few wireworld cables

www.hifcables.co.uk

there arent that much difference between the speaker cables in the website you told me the prices are for pair and for 2 meters

the solstice goes for 119 gbp the pair therfore 29 gbp the meter
and the orbit goes for 93 gbp the pair therfore 23 gbp the meter

gerbilly said:
Sorry Jazzman it is the solstice which sells for over 100 per metre the orbit sells for near 40 quid per metre.

try this website they sell a few wireworld cables

www.hifcables.co.uk

Although the thread topic is speaker cable, this may help.

My experience of wireworld cables is that they seem overpriced for their performance. I demoed some wireworld dvi and hdmi cables against cheaper alternatives and couldn't detect any differences in performance. All the cables made a difference over the basic lead that i already had but the improvement of the cheapest alternative and the wireworld was the same.

Yes, wireworld will give an improvement over std cables, but so will cheaper alternatives.

Have a look at some other quality cables and I bet you'll get same performance but at a much reduced cost.

Dear deanym,

I do get the cables for 1/4 of the uk price do you think that i can find a cheaper cable then that which equals the performance ?

all the best

deanym said:
Although the thread topic is speaker cable, this may help.

My experience of wireworld cables is that they seem overpriced for their performance. I demoed some wireworld dvi and hdmi cables against cheaper alternatives and couldn't detect any differences in performance. All the cables made a difference over the basic lead that i already had but the improvement of the cheapest alternative and the wireworld was the same.

Yes, wireworld will give an improvement over std cables, but so will cheaper alternatives.

Have a look at some other quality cables and I bet you'll get same performance but at a much reduced cost.

jazzman said:
Dear deanym,

I do get the cables for 1/4 of the uk price do you think that i can find a cheaper cable then that which equals the performance ?

all the best

Hi Jazzman,

Your theory is sound. But there are some overpriced cables, as much as there are some bargains.

At 1/4 price, it has value on its side, but only if it performs better than those around its new price. :)

Quality and price are different. If you can demo some then try that first if not, I'm sure the wireworlds at your price will be fine - just there still may be better out there.

unfortunatly i do not have the opportunity to make a side by side comparaison therfore i might go for those cables the weirdest thing though eventhough this company has some high end wires costing thousands of dollars there are practially no reviews on themç

deanym said:
Hi Jazzman,

Your theory is sound. But there are some overpriced cables, as much as there are some bargains.

At 1/4 price, it has value on its side, but only if it performs better than those around its new price. :)

Quality and price are different. If you can demo some then try that first if not, I'm sure the wireworlds at your price will be fine - just there still may be better out there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom