Wireless?

THE GFP

Banned
as a lover of all things playstation and the owner of the stuff in my signature i got bord of not having any decent driving & gta style games so i bough the 360 elite

my question is this ...

does it have a wireless thing built in?

my ps3 does
my wii does
my psp does
my ds does

my money is on NO

blicky_1

as a lover of all things playstation and the owner of the stuff in my signature i got bord of not having any decent driving & gta style games so i bough the 360 elite

my question is this ...

my ps3 does
my wii does
my psp does
my ds does

my money is on NO

You are correct in NO as the answer :D

THE GFP

Banned
pathetic

all i hear from ym mates is the 360 is gods gift to gamers and its so much better than my ps3 but it sounds like a hovercraft and has no wirless lan

how do microsoft justify this?

all of my other things have them

thats really bad, i can understand the 360 not having one as its a few years old but the elite is all singing all dancing and its terrible that it dont have one

well atleast im over the moon with forza 2 and flatout

so ive got to spend another £50 for one of them taking the cost so far to £350

blicky_1

pathetic

all i hear from ym mates is the 360 is gods gift to gamers and its so much better than my ps3 but it sounds like a hovercraft and has no wirless lan

how do microsoft justify this?

all of my other things have them

thats really bad, i can understand the 360 not having one as its a few years old but the elite is all singing all dancing and its terrible that it dont have one

well atleast im over the moon with forza 2 and flatout

so ive got to spend another £50 for one of them taking the cost so far to £350

Totaly agree with you mate, it should also have had the HD-DVD built in!

Personally I never use wireless for PS3/360 as I find less problems/dropouts with a wired connection (if you can get a cable to it that is) :smashin:

THE GFP

Banned
my 360 is 3 ft from my router so if i slip the leads in then i obviously dont need it to be wireless then

might give it a go

have microsoft chucked in the appropriate leeds to do this?

Batch

Afraid not the ethernet cable supplied is only 1m, you'll want t check ebay and pick up a 5m cable for a few quid.

THE GFP

Banned
ding dong

are you 2 related as i read it ll twice before realising your different usernames but almost same avatars

must say forza 2 is even better than i expected gt5 to be

blicky_1

ding dong

are you 2 related as i read it ll twice before realising your different usernames but almost same avatars

must say forza 2 is even better than i expected gt5 to be

:rotfl: No he has a much better gamerscore than me!

THE GFP

Banned
true but i bet he just photo shopped the avatar!

Batch

i'm confused are we talking about me here?

Steven

Senior Moderator
pathetic

all i hear from ym mates is the 360 is gods gift to gamers and its so much better than my ps3 but it sounds like a hovercraft
Interesting. Never seen a hovercraft in person but from that point of view, I didn't know they were so amazingly quiet!

Batch

Interesting. Never seen a hovercraft in person but from that point of view, I didn't know they were so amazingly quiet!

He is saying that hovercrafts are noisy, which they are, and so is my xbox.

THE GFP

Banned
seems so, not sure what your score is for but i said maybe you photo shop it, i did with my fake FOM one for the ps3, 5,000 games 0 kills

THE GFP

Banned
my 360 is like adamn hoover

ive warned the cats to stay clear just incase they get ucke din

it makes mor enoise thn my ps3, lcd tv, & denon amp all on at once

Vega_04

I wouldn't bother with the wireless its more hasle than its worth, I had one on mine for a while and the connection problems that I had made me hard wire it in from my router. I've not had any issues since I swapped.

On another note, the heat generated from the 360 and my LCD screen has meant that I don't need to have any heating on in my room when I have them both on. Does this mean its more eco friendly? :)

redmarkred

Totaly agree with you mate, it should also have had the HD-DVD built in!

Personally I never use wireless for PS3/360 as I find less problems/dropouts with a wired connection (if you can get a cable to it that is) :smashin:

If it had wireless and HD drive built in it would have cost more!!! As you don't use wireless you should be happy you haven't had to pay for it:smashin:

dannius

I wouldn't bother with the wireless its more hasle than its worth, I had one on mine for a while and the connection problems that I had made me hard wire it in from my router. I've not had any issues since I swapped.

I've been using the wireless adaptor for ages with absolutely no problems.

It is expensive at £50, but in my book it's well worth it so I don't have yet another cable going around my room!

badsoden

I can see from the pictures of the wireless adapter thats its USB. Does this mean that other USB wireless adapters could be used?

Batch

no, all other wireless usb adaptes that i know of require a driver to be installed, which is not possible on he 360. So you options are either the official 360 usb one or a netgear or belkin wireless bridge using ethernet.

blicky_1

If it had wireless and HD drive built in it would have cost more!!! As you don't use wireless you should be happy you haven't had to pay for it:smashin:

I don't mind paying for wireless being built in as you never know when you might need it, also what would the additional cost be £10-20?? would still be better than the £50-60 the add-on is :smashin:

As for the HD-DVD drive this is being sold as an 'Elite' model so it should have everything included regardless of price. Also my 'white' HD-DVD add-on would look choice next to a 'black' machine :thumbsdow as for other accesories not being released in black :suicide:

The 'Elite' should have just been released as the 'Premium MKII' as it has no benifits for me over the older Premium atm (don't need HDMI as I run VGA to my TV and PJ at the same time through a splitter, a HDMI splitter to do this is ££££) as for the 120GB HDD :confused: why would you need all of the space atm as VOD is not availble in the UK yet, also if you need the space just get a standard replacement drive to put in the 20GB HDD case as there seems to be more and more people doing this with no problems and for a lot, lot less that M$ prices.

J

JacquAl

Good thing about having built in wireless when the standard 'g' moves on you can say you are playing on a vintage machine.........or maybe Sony will recall all PS3's for a free upgrade every time the standard changes. After all Sony aren't in it to make money.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
If your consoles are near a plug and wireless is giving you grief then i'd suggest getting some Homeplugs. I recently moved my 360 and PS3 to the other side of my AV unit so the signal path to my router is now somewhat blocked. I was getting frequent dropouts so i decided to get some Homeplugs. All i can say is that they are absolutely brilliant. I get all the benefits of a wired connection without having to trail a wire down my hallway. :thumbsup: And all for just a little more than the cost of a MS wireless adaptor. I might still just hang on to mine though as i could be moving soon so it may just come in handy again.

Usama

Distinguished Member

my question is this ...

my ps3 does
my wii does
my psp does
my ds does

my money is on NO

It's called wifi! ;)

SilverSpider

If your consoles are near a plug and wireless is giving you grief then i'd suggest getting some Homeplugs. I recently moved my 360 and PS3 to the other side of my AV unit so the signal path to my router is now somewhat blocked. I was getting frequent dropouts so i decided to get some Homeplugs. All i can say is that they are absolutely brilliant. I get all the benefits of a wired connection without having to trail a wire down my hallway. :thumbsup: And all for just a little more than the cost of a MS wireless adaptor. I might still just hang on to mine though as i could be moving soon so it may just come in handy again.

Which model of Homeplugs are you using Mate ? and do they allow you to plug in 2 things at once (PS3 & 360) or would you need 2 sets of Plugs, so to speak.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

The Amazon Prime Early Access Sale 2022: 11-12 October
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK