1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless XBOX Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Wrobo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Wrobo

Wrobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm planning on buying XBOX live, but I need some advice. Currently, I have a Belkin wireless router. It is set up in my brothers room which is about 10 feet away from where I'd be playing my xbox live. I'm not sure what I have to buy cause many people have told me many different things. I thought all I'd have to buy is the 12 month starter kit and the Microsoft Wireless G - Xbox Adapter (I figured it would come with the eternet cable, etc.)

So is that all I'd need? The starter kit and the xbox adapter? Thanks for the help.

2. harrist0

harrist0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wireless G - Xbox adapter does not need an ethernet cable as it plugs straight into your xbox. Yeah all you need is the adapter and the starter kit and the wireless router.

3. Wrobo

Wrobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet :) The router is 802.11g by the way. So all I'd have to do is plug in the adapter and install the software...Thanks :)

4. harrist0

harrist0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that's all!

5. harrist0

harrist0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have just seen that there are different types of wireless adapters. If it isn't the one that plugs into the xbox then you should get the ethernet cable with it, however if you dont they can be bought for about 3 pounds if not less on ebay or in any computer shop. Hope this helps.