Wireless XBOX Controllers - Your Comments?

lscolman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced any of the wireless XBOX controllers? Ebay have some made by Cosmo that look tempting.

Any advice?

Cheers, Lee

The logitech ones are they only ones worth the cash, but you still need to use
the cables for the live headset.

I bought the one from Play.com for about £18 and I've had no complaints. I use it all the time. I was expecting it to be rubbish but i was pleasently surprised.
...i might even buy another.
Probably worth getting rechargeable batteries for it because the auto-off functionality seems to not kick in all the time when I forget to manually turn the controller off.

I bought a Game one and it hasn't let me down. Have to turn off the wireless lan to use it though.

if you do a search i reviewed the £18 one i bought from www.play.com its a joytech one and really excellent for a 3rd party wireless pad.

Actually the Joytech one that Play are selling you can buy for the same price in the highstreet, I saw it in my local MVC for £17.99 the other day, shame I only had 15 in my pocket :laugh:

How does the wireless pad compare to the 3rd party wired s-pad? I have a GC with 2 official pads and 2 official wireless, and for obvious reasons they're identical. Well, almost, apart from additional weight and slightly less room for your fingers underneath. However, my experience with 3rd party controllers are that they are usually rubbish and a fight ensues over who gets the official pad. I'd rather suffer a wire if it feels/is better to use.

i was thinking the same thing rob and usually i wouldnt go near a 3rd party pad but i did a quick google and it came back with very favourable reviews.i then placed the order for the spad wired first and then the wireless and there bot smaller than the xbox s pad and there closer to the ps2 pad than the huge brick that was the original pad and slighlt smaller than the new MS S pad.

The joytech one works well, however, I have had problems with the left joystick rubber being worn away - and this is not with excessive usage.

Joytech kindly replaced the gamepad, but the problem occurred with the new one. They have now sent me replacement joysticks and said that there was an ionitial production problem.

I still would buy another one - espeically as if the joysticks get worn out, joytech seem to be happy to replace them. In fact, I bought a seocnd one the other day and another one for a friend.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom