Wireless Wheel or Wii?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kazman, Dec 21, 2006.

?
  1. Go on, have a Wii

44.1%
  2. Bah, hold your bladder and get the Steering wheel

25.0%
  3. Remind the wife

5.9%
  4. Buy more Xbox 360 games and forget the rest

22.1%
  5. Put it towards a PS3

2.9%
  1. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I have a voucher which can be used at game totalling £70, now, I have the option to either put that forward towards either the new wireless force feedback steering wheel for the 360, or the Nintendo Wii.

And I'm torn at what to do, I was originally going to wait for a Wii price drop and buy one, but the reviews of the wireless steering wheel have been glowing, so I can't decide :(.

I'm going to throw it out to the forumites to help me make my decision, the other option is to get both, the wife has promised me a Wii as a belated bday pressie, so I could 'remind' her of her promise :D and get both.

What to do? :(

2. synnea

synnea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    both!

The wii is a fantastic second console. However there is still always going to be a place for normal controller type games. I find I can play the wii for short bursts - up to an hour. Then I want back on my HD Def, online 360 experience.

Believe me with the wii your missus will even have a go. You can then show her how to drive on PGR3 with the wheel on 360. Winner all round to be honest! :thumbsup:

(I cant see the Wii dropping in price for over a year - its already cheap in respect to PS3 and 360. Virtual console games are worth a look too on the Wii)

3. Nivelo

Nivelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely it's a no-brainer if you can wangle a wii out of the missus and then buy the wheel yourself :devil:

Otherwise it's a difficult one, TDU with the wheel looks very tempting but I'd probably go for the wii aas it looks a lot of fun (also got two kids so that would probably swing it :D )

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    There is a slight problem with asking the wife, she might hit me as she is getting rather sick at all the time i spend on the 360 :D :devil: :devil:

So going down that route risks bodily damage. And she wouldn't give a Wii about where the blows go :eek:

5. mrgrill

mrgrill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But get the Wii and tell her she can take it out on you in a game of Boxing. Just don't stand so close to her :)

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Heh heh, she does love Mario platform games, heck, she plays on my DS Lite more than me, and is hooked to New Super Mario Bros! so I could persuade her that way :)

7. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Yep, another vote for a Wii here. I'd also love one of the Wireless Wheels but really there aren't any games to take advantage of it at the moment(apart from the revised PGR3 if you aren't bored of that already) so buy that next year when Forza 2 & Sega Rally Revo come out:thumbsup:

On the verge of buying a Wii myself at the moment, all be it for the high price of over £300:eek: But then, this is Argentina where consoles aren't seen too often & it's in stock in a shop.

8. artois

artois

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Given that it is inevitable that you will end up with both anyway. You might as well get the wheel while its readily available.

When forza 2 comes out it will probably be scarce by which time the wii will be flowing through the shops for everyone.

Just get your other half to make good on her belated gift promise.

9. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Go for the wii, you don't need a steering wheel, there pointless if you ask me.

10. mightyevi5u

mightyevi5u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Get the wheel.

It's `the' must have accessory for xmas 2007. Honest!

11. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    2nd that. Once your actually old enough to drive a car a wheel just doesn't feel as fun as it did when your 12.

12. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    No no no, well, at least until a Rally game arrives on the 360, believe me, you can't beat flying around a dirt track with a decent force feedback wheel even if you drive an hour to work everyday:D

Playing Colin McRae 3 on the PS2 with the Logitech Force Feedback steering wheel was an amazing experience & I imagine it will be better still on the 360 with this baby!

As I said earlier though, I'd hold off until the new driving/rally games get released next year that take full advantage of the wheel & really show off just how good an experience it can be!

In the meantime, get a Wii.

13. corrado kid

corrado kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I vistited a freinds house over the weekend to have a go on a wii and it was fun, for an hour or so. It works beautifully which I was very impressed with (probably like many there was a nagging doubt about how effective the controller would be) but in terms of game play there was very little to keep hold of you once the novelty had worn off. He also told me that he had owned red steel and traded it after about two days. Considering he is a bit of a hardcore gamer I took this as a sign of dissapointment on his behalf.

However the day got better when his girlfriend brought home his christmas present and somehow, agreed to let him "test" it for an hour or so. Im a big fan of PGR3 anyway but its completely different with the wheel and was the most fun I had all weekend! so much so that the day after I had managed to persuade someone that yes, a £90 plastic steering wheel would look good under the tree :thumbsup:

If you like PGR3 deffo get the wheel, besides where you going to get a wii from anyway?