• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless Webcams

RAINS

Has anyone used a wireless webcam as a security device, the reason is that i keep having scrouts stealing my wheel caps of my TT, i thought could i place a wireless webcam in the living room window to record any movement by the car?

Would this work ?????:confused::confused:

thebigchip

Standard Member
Hi, I have a Panasonic BC L 30. Excellent wireless camera. It is supposed to be very easy to set up for security, including motion detection. But to be honest I havent been able to set this up. It comes with an on disc manual so I am sure it would be possible.

G

glennji

I'd like to try this too, for similar reasons. I think I want a wireless webcam with "night mode", and then I can build a nice little IR spotlight and mount them on the balcony overlooking the carpark.

I've found some Linux-based software that looks pretty good called Zoneminder. Of course, this means the camera has to work with Linux, but most (all?) wireless and/or network cameras should - it's just an MPEG or MJPEG stream, isn't it?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom