1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Video Senders

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stupot43, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Stupot43

Stupot43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Can anyone tell me if they have a video sender which will work with a Telewest cable digi-box - and how well it works?

Thanks

Stuart

2. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got one called 'Response' which works fine. As I bought it 2nd hand from a friend I can't tell you anymore than that - no instructions or manf. name.

Came with scart & scart/phono adaptors, just plugged it into one of the cable 2 digibox scarts. I imagine any video sender will work perfectly well with cable - it's just another signal to be transmitted. Whatever channel is selected on your cable box will get transmitted. Or you can hook your cable box up to a VCR & plug the sender into the VCR - that'll transmit whatever the VCR's tuned into... and so on.

3. Stupot43

Stupot43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks Nottman, but from what I can gather not all wireless video senders will work with Telewest and Sky+ digi boxes - something to do with the remote control not working - and if you read my profile I need the remote to work. But thanks for the reply.

Stuart

4. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want one that sends the video and the remote, it needs to be compatible with the IRDA remote control system used by these STBs - I don't know if there are any combined video/IR senders that are IRDA compatible.
    Another solution is to use a Red-Eye Translator which allows the STB to be controlled through any IR sender, using an alternative remote.

5. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mike you are a god thanks for the red eye info!