1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Video Senders & Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by sli, Dec 20, 2004.

1. sli

sli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, building an htpc and want a good source for recording tv (ie. freeview). living at parents at the mo and there is only one point to connect the roof aerial to it, so need to some how get the signal upstairs to the pc. option one is to wire some ct125 cable all the way upstairs (not really an option) or to use a wireless video sender. i dont know much about these, and most of them seem to have only scart inputs.

got a few questions about the idea, firstly is this idea feasible? the aerial is not really being used at the mo as my parents have sky so there is no need for a splitter. if anyone has any experience with my issue can you help me out? also could you recommend me a video sender that is capable?

:thumbsup:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Im not sure if this is what you were intending, but a video sender will only transmit a single video signal, ie from a SCART connector. It will not transmit one, let alone more than one, broadcast channel so you will need to decode freeview direct from the aerial.

Apologies if this is not what you meant.

-Ian

3. sli

sli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry forgot to say, its just to literally extend the cable wirelessly, i will be using a nebula pci dvb tuner on the htpc for decoding. its down to not running an extension from the only point in the house (and not creating a new point in my room!)

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    In that case, it won't work. You need the physical aerial feed plugged into your HTPC. You could always try a set top aerial. If you get decent analogue reception in your room, it may just work.