1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless video sender

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jenic, Mar 19, 2005.

1. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Not sure where to put this, so i guess here will do!

My local Maplins are doing a video sender and reciever for £40

Only problem is they run on 2.4ghz band. My wireless network runs on the same band but it is encrypted.

Will i be able to use both in the same area?

2. scottiefraser

scottiefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I had the same problem with my Digisender and Wireless router.

Basically the Digisender will interfere with the Router and vice versa irrespective of encryption. My Laptop would not pick up the Router at all downstairs while the Digisender was on as it was blocking the signal. The way I got round it is that when I want to watch TV through the Digisender I have to switch the wireless router off and the rest of the time the Digisender is switched off. You could also seek out equipment that uses a different frequency but I am not sure how commercially available these are off 2.4 Ghz.

Hope this helps!

3. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Thanks, guess i will have to stick with 5 mile long wires!

4. phatmattuk

phatmattuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just paid £30.. for AV wireless sender it works a treat get one i now have sky upstairs!!!!

5. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Are youn also running a wireless network?

6. Ian_Savage007

Ian_Savage007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue too - you could not connect to the wireless router (netgear) once the digi-sender had been switched on. Even after it was switched off, I had to restart the router as the PC would not connect. This was a pain as the ISP would not let me connect straight away. I tried another sender from B&Q, but this was also 2.4 so caused the same problem... Ended up running a coax out the wall, up the house and into the bedroom with one of those TV view things (£20 B&Q). Wireless works a treat now.
    * Oh with the TV view, cut the end of the coax to the right length as it powers the IR box from the SKY unit through this.

7. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought this unit last week. I run a wireless network with a Linksys router on channel 11. I found that when the video senders were both set to channel '2' that the inteference was total. On channels '1' and '3' with the wireless sender sat next to the router sat next the receiver (worst case scenario) the number of dropped packets on my WLAN was pretty low, although I am never more than a few metres away with my laptop. There was however a bit of inteference on the TV picture although this decreased when I moved the transmitter away from the router.